As I mentioned back in February, we decided to turn the office/guestroom/playroom into solely a playroom. Liam just has so much stuff (which we can only blame ourselves and the grandparents for) that he really needed his own space (and I needed the toys OUT of the living room).
The space isn't huge, but it works for now. I didn't make any drastic changes because we will most likely be moving within the next year, so I wanted to work mainly with what I had and only made a few small (and cheap!) purchases.
Before:
(Hi, Toula!)
We moved the daybed in here for awhile after Liam was born too, so when you tried to add toys into the mix, it got crowded fast!
After:
And here's what the room will look like after I refinish my amazing garage sale find kid's table and chairs.
Source List:
Shelf with canvas bins - Costco
Underwater number rug - Costco
(I could not find either online, but check your local Costco because each one is different)
White ledges - IKEA
Curtains - IKEA
Schoolhouse chair - garage sale find
Woven baskets that were a wedding gift and now hold blocks - Pottery Barn (old)
If there's anything else that you'd like to know where it came from, let me know!
Still Need To Do:
-Paint the table and chairs
-Take down the old office art
-Hang Liam's Mother's Day painting
-Get some kid friendly art on the walls
Table and chair inspiration:
One more time: Before & After!
I love how bright and cheery it is now!












Oh girl! I LOVE everything about it! I think it's the perfect size for a playroom! So cozy and cheerful! I can't wait to see the finished table. I know it will look amazing. And now I'm itching to get back to our home in NC so that I can convert our bonus room to a playroom. Until then I guess our living room will be overflowing with toys!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love the organization and the low book shelves. You did a great job. We have a play room, but it's part work out room too and it needs major organizing. I am impressed with your initiative because I still haven't got around to it =)
ReplyDeletelove love love it! Its a perfect little play room!
ReplyDeletesoooo cute!!! baird is in desperate need of a playroom... maybe in the new house!! love those curtains too :)
ReplyDeleteI am loving it. You did a great job. So organized & I love the low book shelves too. I love that first table inspiration
ReplyDeleteLove it! So cute! Love, love, love the curtains.
ReplyDeleteWow, the play room looks awesome! You did an amazing job :D
ReplyDeletelove love love. The curtains are ADORABLE. I may steal that idea...our playroom style is very similar! I've been on the lookout for tiny table and chairs as well ;-) I'm hoarding for our new house playroom!!! CANNOT WAIT to move!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I Love the little school house chair :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I love those curtains. I'm excited to hear they are from IKEA! Now you need to have a playdate to break it in :)
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! So jealous!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is such a fun room. What a perfect space for Liam. Love how it turned out.
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! You did a great job!
ReplyDelete