Monday, April 8, 2013

Birthday Shenanigans!

Holy cow, where did last week go?! My friend Tracey and I were so busy party planning for our boys' joint birthday party this past Saturday that things like blogging, doing the dishes, and showering daily got the boot. But the party was a fantastic hit, so we'll call it a draw! 

Before I get to the party festivities, I still have a lot to recap from last week. Mainly a certain someone's REAL birthday and Easter! It's been a busy few weeks and I'm ready for the calendar to slow down for a bit. Too bad when Will and I were looking at our schedules this week, that between the two of our activities, we will only be having dinner together two times this week! Eh, maybe things will slow down next week. 

So Liam's birthday week kicked off the Sunday before his actual birthday (which was that Friday.) I had the brilliant idea of buying a 6 pack of cupcakes at the grocery store so we could practice blowing out the candles all week. We certainly didn't want a repeat of last year :)

Turns out Liam didn't need any help in the candle department this year and fell in love with them! He would randomly request "cu-cakes" throughout the day all week just so he could blow out the candles. By the second or third day in, he finally tasted a cupcake. He does NOT like frosting, but just flip that sucker upside down and he goes to town on the cake part! 




Candles with breakfast? Check!

-------


Wednesday Liam had his two year check up. He was being such a ham! We met with our new pediatrician for the first time and really liked her. I can't believe we don't go back until age 3! Although we'll be there sooner for baby sister :) 



--------

Friday was finally the day! That wrinkly little baby they handed me with the faux-hawk somehow turned 2!


I woke up with what we are pretty sure was stomach bug #3, (ugh!) but I refused to let it ruin Liam's special day. 


I made him special birthday pancakes to which he happily blew out the candles and scarfed! 




The weather was gorgeous so we hopped in the car and headed to the zoo for the day! But first we made a stop at the grocery store for Sprite and saltines for me, womp womp. 


1st birthday at the zoo - 2012


2nd birthday at the zoo - 2013

The difference in these two pictures is blowing my mind. I don't know how he changed so much in just one short year! 



We spent the day wandering around the zoo enjoying the nice weather and checking out the animals!










When we got home we had a small buntlet for Liam.



I think he liked it??



So that was Liam's birthday day! Very simple and just the three of us!

-------

On Saturday Will's parent's came over to give Liam his presents. 



His big gift was this awesome teepee! Right now he uses it as a hiding spot when he doesn't want me to brush his hair or when he doesn't want to go night-night, haha.

-------- 

On Sunday we went to my parents house and did an Easter/birthday combo celebration.



His big present from them was a shopping cart with tons of food and a Harley Davidson trike. His also got presents from his aunts and uncles and great-grandparents. AND Easter goodies which will be in another post. It was A LOT!

He also had what else but more cake! 




He was more interested in the Brobee balloon though go figure!



Sunday evening we finally gave Liam our present. We thought about giving it to him Friday but a farmer's market stand without any food is kind of pointless, so we waited until he opened the food from my parents. Isn't it adorable?! It's from IKEA! 


By this point he was on present overload and kept saying, "No pesents!" so Will put it together and he played with it for a bit but then called it a night. I don't blame him though, it was a weekend of gifts galore!  And he hadn't even had his party yet! 

We had a wonderful week celebrating our special boy and are so grateful for all the family he has that love him so much too! 


And just for fun, here's a little birthday video!

11 comments:

  1. Love the video! And we'll have to stop by soon to play with the new toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Happy Birthday, Liam! I love his little bowl cut hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute video! Happy Birthday to Mr. Liam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! How are our babies (almost) two!? I've been taking little videos of Georgia saying things lately too so I can always remember her little voice! And sheesh to the 3rd stomach bug! You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your sweet boy! I've forgotten how I found your blog, but I love it!
    Also, is that a Rockies cup Liam is playing with? We have TONS in our house, so I could spot it anywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie pie! I love the way he says his name. My son is 20 months and I am just amazed at how much they learn and can grasp at this age. Congrats on your pregnancy and having a big two year old!
    http://www.perfectlyimperfectmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a difference a year makes, he's gotten so big. Those mini pancakes were so cute! I really want to get the girls a teepee. looks like he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe the difference between the two birthday pictures! He is so grown up! The farmer's market is adorable. I just LOVE Ikea. They have the neatest stuff. It looks like L was well celebrated for the big 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! I love the pictures, Liam sure has gotten big. That's funny he doesn't like the frosting.
    Hopefully you are feeling much better from the stomach bug. I got the stomach flu a couple months ago and was out for a week, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun birthday! I think I need to start practicing candles with Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought he was cute at 1, but he is only getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!