This weekend was supposed to be our busiest weekend of the month. We had the Parade of Lights to go to with my parents, our church's annual women's event and lunch, a Baylor football game to watch/attend, Liam was going with my parents on a Polar Express train ride, and Will's parents were going to keep Liesl so we could sneak away for our annual Nutcracker Ballet date. Then Icemaggedon reared it's ugly head and kept us indoors almost all weekend. We missed the light show, the Nutcracker, my church event, and Liam's train ride. Boo.

The weekend definitely wasn't a total loss however. Most of our activities have since been rescheduled and are conveniently spread farther apart. Will's office was closed Friday so he was forced to stay home (woohoo!), and the roads were clear enough for Will and Liam to trek to Waco for the Baylor game. Liesl and I had a girls day and watched the game from the comfort (and warmth!) of our home. And we WON!
The weekend was also spent eating warm food, playing, snuggling by the fire, watching White Christmas for the first time, and enjoying the stillness of being home together with nothing to do. With two weeks until Christmas, I think it was just the weekend we needed!

Liam dressing himself for the ice storm.
Burrito set up Liam's felt tree to help combat the cabin fever. Such a sweet elf! :)
Someone discovered her hands recently!



I'm sorry to hear that the yucky weather ruined your plans but it sounds like y'all made the best of it! I love Liam's felt tree. Did you make it?
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! white christmas for the FIRST time. That's an all time favorite of mine. And, I don't think slowing down is all that bad :)
ReplyDeleteOhhh cute wall christmas tree...I am laughing at the discovering hands picture. My little girl is 7 months and is still amused by them! I love when she stares at them like she has never seen them before!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Well I am glad that they have been rescheduled! When I heard about the bowl games and how my alma mater, UCF, is playing Baylor, I immediately thought "oh, that's Lyndsey's team!" Ha!
ReplyDeleteAww man! I'm so glad some if it was rescheduled though! It sounds like it would have been a super fun time. I wish we had something here like the Polar Express ride. I keep hearing/reading about them and Callyn would just LOVE that!
ReplyDeleteAw bummer that your plans were put on hold, but that's great that you were able to reschedule them and that you still had a fun weekend!!
ReplyDelete