Sunday, May 14, 2017

This One is for the Mamas! (w/ Netflix)

I love, love, love my three babies. I truly do. And I love the way they want to spoil me and show me their love every.single.second. However, in honor of this wonderful day celebrating all the mama's out there, I thought I'd showcase what this mama likes to do when she has a hot second to herself! 

The answer: take a bath and watch Netflix. Preferably with a sweet treat or a glass of wine. And a bath bomb. 


So, so true! Three cheers for Netflix

Some of these are my tried and true favorites that I can aimlessly turn on when I just want to zone out, or have on in the background while I'm tidying up. Others are newer shows/movies that have had me hooked! Also, turns out I tend to watch television series more than movies because that is what I kept coming up with while scrolling through my cue!   


Friday Night Lights. An oldie but goodie. I love putting this show on when I just need some background noise because I know the entire storyline enough to just watch it in my head as they talk! 


Another classic; Parenthood. I've only watched this show the entire way through one time, so I might have to add a second run-through to my summer goals! 


I cannot get enough of Call The Midwife. I LOVE it! Probably my favorite show on Netflix! I started watching it a few years ago, finished the series, and then moved on thinking it was over for good. Recently, I discovered new episodes were added and it is now caught up to the most recently completed season! Season 6 is currently airing on PBS, but I missed the first half so I'm hoping it comes to Netflix after it's finished. I just finished season 5 the other day and it was fantastic


Oh, The Crown. I really enjoyed Season 1 and flew through all ten episodes. Apparently I love British period pieces, ha! 


Good old Gilmore Girls! Another one I can enjoy in the background while I do other things. I am crossing all my fingers and toes there's another "Year in the Life" or some other kind of mini-series to keep the story going -- or maybe just to give us some real closure this time???


Another top favorite of mine is West Wing! I was too young for this show when it first aired, and thanks to Will's nagging I finally caved and started it. After about three episodes I was hooked and can honestly say that I may not have made it through Elias' first few months without this show to keep me company all those long, late hours. Every single season kept getting better and better! It's one of those where you start spreading out the episodes in the final season because you just don't want it to end. Aaron Sorkin is a genius. 

Thank you, Netflix, for keeping me company while I do the chores, feed babies in the middle of the night, but mostly for when I get to soak in a hot tub by.my.self. 

And Happy Mother's Day to all my mamas out there who are in desperate need of a Netflix binge. May your kids' naps be long and your snacks be yummy! :)

This post is written in partnership with Netflix, but all opinions and recommendations are my own! 

4 comments:

  1. Lots of oldies but goodies on here- and Netflix, PLEASE bring us more GG!! Also, I have not yet watched Call The Midwife but I've heard so much about it!! I didn't realize it was a PBS series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to: bath, Netflix, sweet treat, and a bath bomb. That is my go to. I finished Call the Midwife's recent episodes this most recent pregnancy and cried every episode...because alllll the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The West Wing was one of our FAV Netflix binges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be too young for this series, but I was super excited to see Party of Five on Netflix this month! This was a high school/college favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!