Yesterday was our last school Monday!
Liam is so ready for summer; we all are. Not because we are over Kindergarten (I'm actually incredibly sad about it and majorly moping), but Liam is excited to finally be able to call himself a real "first grader." Not having to set an alarm will be the highlight of my summer!
We sat down the other day as a family and wrote out our summer bucket list! Liam had a lot of input this year, and he really had some great ideas. Liesl just shouted, "YES!" to everything we suggested, so I think sister is going to be jusssst fine. We have a couple big vacations planned, but it's always funny to hear them get so excited about the little things. It definitely helps take the pressure off when they squeal with excitement at the suggestion of picnic lunches at the park and a living room campout.
Speaking of summer, Liesl is already on summer-time! She finished weekday school last Tuesday, and we wasted no time celebrating.
We loved, loved Liesl's teachers this year! I worked with Ms. Lisa last year when I taught, and Ms. Samantha came in after me. Samantha and I are in the same Sunday School class and have known each other for years, and Liam also had Ms. Lisa back when he was two. So needless to say, I knew my girl was in loving hands all year!
And for fun (or torture), First Day of school picture vs. Last Day picture. She doesn't look alllll that different, but her baby cheeks have slimmed down and her sandals are two sizes bigger now.
As soon as she got out of school, we picked up lunch and went straight to the park to meet friends. Liesl made the sweetest little group of girlfriends this school year. We love getting them together and are crossing all our fingers and toes they will be together again next year!
In the past, I have done an end-of-summer celebration with decorations and goodies on the last day of school, but since Liam and Liesl are on different school schedules, I decided to hold off until Liam gets out. This was the perfect afternoon to kick of her summer break!
We did get in a few more front porch pics before the end of the year. Twirly dresses and Suzy doll had to make an appearance of course!
Elias was hanging out on his elephant mat sans clothes the other day, and it reminded me of a similar picture I had taken when he was brand new. He's even making a similar pose! I don't want to go back to that fussy infant, but it sure does hurt a little to see just how fast time flies by!
I was up at Liam's school the other morning to help his class give their teacher her class gift. One of the other moms made the cutest Shutterfly book of pictures throughout the year and individual pictures of the kids inside saying what they each love about their teacher. Liam's said, "I love Mrs. Swann because she doesn't make us do work on Fridays." Such a Liam answer. They also gave her THIS shirt and she loved it! They make really cute TEACH tumblers and mugs as well as shirts by grade! I also get Liam's birthday number shirts here. (Not sponsored, they are just one of my go-tos!!!) It was so fun to watch the kids surprise her and how she oohed and aahed over it all. They are the sweetest bunch! And yes, that is a full size tent in their classroom. They had Camp K for a week and got to do fun camping activities like eating s'mores and dirt and worms and read inside their tent with their shoes off. It might have been the highlight of Liam's year!
We have been going on lots of walks in the neighborhood and to the playground. We have to get it in now before it gets too hot. Not long from now our walks will be at 8am, and they will be directly to the pool!
Last Friday we had a full night! We had dinner with friends at the same time Liam had a birthday party. It was the first time we've ever dropped him off at a birthday party, but it was for one of my best friend's little girl so I knew he was in great hands. And he had a BLAST! Liesl didn't have a bad time either, ha! I am so grateful for all the friends we've made who are in the same season of life as us. I know that can be really hard, especially if you don't live near family or anyone you know, and I try not take it for granted!
The birthday girl chose crowns as her template to paint, so they made Liam's a King's crown and he was thrilled! Pretty impressive paintings for 5 and 6 year olds, I think!
On Saturday we headed to the zoo! The weather was perfect and it was actually not crowded at all. I think between a lot of schools going there on field trips right now and parents wanting to wait until summer break, not many people are choosing to go on the weekends. We renewed our membership and got to see the new Hippo habitat. More pictures to come!
Sunday we went to church and the kids were all smiles!
And then Monday hit and strep came with it. Liesl had a fever and a headache so I took her in, and apparently strep is spreading like wildfire right now. I have no idea how or when she got it, but she's officially quarantined from her brothers until she's no longer contagious. Hopefully it's not too late!
Happy Tuesday!


I'm so ready for the summer. So so ready!
ReplyDelete