Wednesday, May 3, 2017

What's Up Wednesday!

I've been missing doing posts like this, just the everyday stuff we've been up to. I'm not doing this on the right Wednesday that the link up is, but my blog, my rules. :) 

So here's some of what we've been up to lately! 

What We're Eating This Week

Will has been out of town so it's been easy food like tacos so far. Will gets back tonight though, so I'm planning on (him) firing up the grill! 




What I'm Reminiscing About

Our West Texas vacation! I'm finishing up a photo book of the trip, and it's been fun to look at the pictures again. I'm also WAY behind on the kids birthday books, so I've been going through all those photos as well. It has me brainstorming for Elias' first birthday already.  





What I'm Loving

I'm loving/hating this time of year! We are SO pumped summer is right around the corner, but I'm also sad that that means Kindergarten is almost over! It's been such a great year for Liam. We have a lot of fun Kinder events coming up though to round out the end of the year. Our calendar is FULL this month, but it's all good stuff! 

What We've Been Up To

So much! I was working on the Daddy/Daughter dance for a couple of weeks. T-ball and gymnastics keep us busy a couple evenings a week. We've been spoiling our teachers this week with Teacher Appreciation. I ordered this shirt for Liam's teacher; I hope she loves it! And the spring cleaning bug has bit -- I've been cleaning out closets, sprucing up some rooms with new lighting and accessories, and getting Elias' nursery finished up!




What I'm Dreading

I'm not really dreading anything, but I've been putting off organizing the kids school work for the entire year. I've been stashing what I want to keep in this wall filer, but now I need to sort it and put it in their bins. It really won't take that long to do, I just haven't felt like it! Liesl only has three days left though, so I should probably get on it. I definitely want it done before summer starts! 




What I'm Working On

Photo books and house projects!

What I'm Excited About

Liam's school has an art show on Thursday, and I can't wait to see his masterpieces!  

What I'm Watching/Reading

The other night while Will was out of town, I watched Bridget Jones' Baby -- it's on Netflix now! I had never watched any of the Bridget Jones movies until a few months ago, and thanks to Netflix, I'm completely caught up! 




I'm reading UnStuffed. I'm not very far in yet, but I'm really liking it so far. And alert the media, I listened to the author and have started making our bed everyday! It's just not something I've ever consistently done, but it really does look pretty and makes me feel like I've accomplished something.  





hello, tidy bed! 

What I'm Listening To

My "Happy" station on Pandora is usually what we walk to or listen to while we play in the backyard.  It's got a lot of fun Motown music. 

What I'm Wearing

Shoooooorts, finally! Although I desperately need some color on my legs. I also treated myself to some new summer pajamas and this shorts and top set from Target is super comfy! 


I'm also not wearing these bow slides yet, but thinking I need to be. The top pair is from Nordstrom and they're cute but a little pricey for sandals. The bottom pair is from Target and much more reasonable. Both are cute though! 



What I'm Doing This Weekend

Liam has a tball game and a birthday party, but other than that just the usual -- grocery shopping, church, playing outside, and probably a family movie night. Yes to all of that, please!

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

Summa, Summa, Summatime!!!! No alarm clocks, days at the pool, and snow cones for dinner! Plus, June means we head to the BEACH! 




Happy Wednesday and hurry up Friday!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love these kinds of posts. It's so weird being home on mat leave right now... I think this may be the first year ever that I'm not anxious for summer to get here. Summer makes the new work year too close! Waaa! But beach days are calling my name. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!