Miscellany Monday: Canton Edition
hosted by Carissa
William, Liam, my parents, and I went to Canton Trade Days this past weekend. I guess it's a giant flea market, but it's really so much more than that. Anything you could ever want you can find if you walk around enough. We spent 5 hours there, didn't see even half of it, and only came home with one thing. (Although I could have come home with about a dozen.) But it was the one thing I was searching for all day. I was on a mission!
Let me just say, if you have a little girl, then you will be in heaven. There were SO many cute little girl booths with all kinds of rompers, dresses, jumpers, bows, tutus, everything. For boys, not so much. I was looking for a holiday romper (or two...or five) for Liam and could not find anything for boys.
Just when we were about to give up and head home, the skies opened up and the sun shined down on one last little booth - Smock A Bye Baby. Oh holy cuteness! She didn't have much because she seems to be just starting out, but she had the cutest Halloween/Thanksgiving reversible jon jon that I immediately snatched up! Her website doesn't seem to be working, but you can find her on facebook. Seriously cute stuff! I can't wait to see what she comes up with for Christmas!


Two for the price of one!
Also while at Canton, we got a TON of compliments on our stroller fan. I didn't realize they weren't common, but there were a lot of babies/strollers there and we only saw one other stroller with a fan. I got it a Babies-R-Us. It's kid friendly with brightly colored blades and stroller friendly with a huge clip and adjustable neck. Liam seemed to enjoy it because it was HOT. He did awesome the whole trip!

One more Canton (sort of) find. This football hat. Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen??? It was even shaped like an old school football helmet with the ear flaps. I wanted it soooo bad, but William wasn't going for the $30 price tag. Anyone wanna make me Liam one? :)

Anyone else a Canton fan???

I love canton and miss being 45 minutes away because now I'm 4 hours away. Last time I went I was only 15 weeks and didn't know what I was having. We're planning to go back when it cools down. That outfit is just too cute and Liam looks like he was just chillin'! I also love getting DIY ideas there too.
ReplyDeleteMy SIL has a stroller fan but I need to get one as well. She has used it for the beach before. Oh, and I LOVE canton! I'm planning on having my MIL make reversible dresses for G. One for each holiday and then the reverse being non holiday so she can where it whenever.
ReplyDeleteOMG what a great idea for the reversible outfit! I hate the thought of spending a lot of money on something Walker can only wear once or so but hello that's such a good idea! I might have to look for one! Also love the stroller fan! I looked for one earlier this summer at Wal-mart but never thought to look at BRU. I need one too! Also check ETSY for the football hat. THey had some on there (not sure if it's exactly the same but I don't think they were too expensive.)
ReplyDeleteI randomly found your blog from lowercase letters... and let me say I am a Canton fan as well! We used to live 1 hour away and now live about 5 hours away. :(
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a good deal! Love your blog. :)
That is brilliant to use one romper for 2 holidays!! If I could knit I would totally make you one of those football hats-that is too cute!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen a stroller fan, but that is brilliant as well!
Sounds like such a fun, fun weekend! I love flea markets! Nashville has a great one as well, but I haven't been in such a long time!
ReplyDeleteLoving the pics! :)
I LOVE the rompers...so cute!
ReplyDeleteadorable football hat. at least you got a picture! : )
ReplyDeletethat flea market sounds like heaven. i'm visiting a friend in charlotte soon and they have a great one there... i'm sooo excited! although we'll have to go with all of our kids (3 under 3) so it may be interesting.
your liam is so handsome, as always!
That outfit is adorable! I've been to Canton once! It's a fun experience!
ReplyDeleteI love the outfits!! so different
ReplyDelete