Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eleven months.

Happy Leap Day!

How perfect that Liam's first year is a leap year because I can post his 11 month update on his actual 11 month birthday!

Liam Briggs, you are eleven months old!


What are you up to???

I'm not sure how much you weigh, probably a little over 20lbs, or how tall you are, but we will find out next month at your ONE YEAR appointment!

You are wearing mostly 6-12 month clothes. Again, it depends on the brand. You are a size 3 shoe and a size 3 diaper.

You are still nursing! I really thought we were going to have to throw in the towel last month, but you still really enjoy it in the mornings so I think we will make it the whole year! Yay! Not exclusively though - you get three bottles too and three meals plus snacks - but I'm so glad we made it as far as we did! Your favorite finger foods this month are oranges, strawberries, and graham crackers.


You also have started trying to feed us! It's so funny! You will hold whatever food you are eating out to us, we will pretend to eat it, you laugh hysterically, and then shove it in your own mouth!

Sleep has been a little off this month to say the least. First it was your nighttime sleep, but that has gone back to normal thank goodness. Your naps however are all kinds of crazy. They got really short so I thought you were ready to switch to one nap. We tried that for about a week and it went horribly - your one nap was semi-long but you would get super cranky around 5:30 and stay that way until bedtime. Now we are back to two naps, but there have not been two days where they have been the same. Maybe you will get all straightened out by your birthday!

You made your first word associations this month! Your first word was technically dada, but the first time you purposefully looked at something and directed your speech was to the dogs! It comes out sounding more like "gob," but it's the cutest thing! You will also look right at me and say mama and crawl towards me saying mama if you want me to pick you up. So you may have said Dada first, but you call me Mama! :)

You really haven't said many of your words besides mama, dada, dog and some nonsense words this month. I think it's because you've been so busy learning new things with your body!


You are speed crawling, pulling up, cruising along furniture, and walking with your walker EVERYWHERE! You are super fast and not afraid of anything.

You are also waving, clapping, giving kisses and hugs, making kissy sounds, and initiating peekaboo all the time. When you want to play, you will hide your face behind something until I say, "Where's Liam?" and then you will pop your head out and smile! And then do it all over again about a dozen more times :)

You got a fifth tooth just this week, and they always come in pairs so I'm pretty sure #6 will be making an appearance in the next few days.


Things You Love:

Chasing after the dogs!

Being outside - we spent a good half hour just hanging out on the back porch earlier this week. You were so content to just crawl around on the patio and in the yard!

The musical instruments Yaya got for you (the Easter Bunny may be bringing you some more!) and anything you can bang on to make noise. We all think you are musically inclined and we are already talking about getting you in piano lessons asap. When my friend Tracey watched you last week, she told me you were clapping to the beat of a musical toy that was singing! That makes me happy because I have played many instruments in my day and would love for you to enjoy playing as well!


Bath time in the big tub is a new favorite thing. Especially with bubble bath! You would probably spend all day in the tub with your toys if I let you!

Standing up! You will find a way to pull yourself up onto anything and everything...and anyone!

Your favorite toys this month are your instruments, your turtle scooter that Daddy pushes you around in, and your activity table.


Things You Don't Love:

Napping! Let's change that, ok?

Falling down. It's inevitable of course, but it usually bring some tears, poor thing.


Firsts:

You were babysat by a non-family member for the first time! Minus the nursery and MOPS of course. My friend Tracey watched you for about an hour and a half while I got a much needed haircut. She said you were great, and you and Max just played and played!

Baby boy, I can't believe this is our last month before you turn one year old. You will always be my little baby, but one just sounds so BIG! We have a lot of fun things planned this month, I can't wait! We are going to head into the big 0-1 in style!

8 comments:

  1. he is such a cutie!
    Happy 11 months Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like he has grown so much in the last month and learned so many new things! I love that he is calling you Mama- I cannot wait for that! :) Sorry to hear that nap time has been a struggle- we are going through the same thing right now and it is no fun! Happy eleven months sweet Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 11 Months Liam! We love you and can't believe you will be 1 year old soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe he will be a year old next month! Crazy!
    Sounds like such a fun age he's at! I love that he loves music-I really hope Callyn does too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little guy! How in the world is he almost one?!! Hope nap-time gets better for you! We're struggling with nighttime sleep right now. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute! I am a new follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Little Liam. I can't believe you're almost ONE! Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't believe he has one more month! and yay that he's sleeping through the night again.
    how in the world do you get him to stay on his back for his crib pics?! all of emma's weekly pics lately have been sitting up or her about to roll away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!