Soooo on Thursday my mom came over to visit and spend the night. She was going to watch Liam Friday morning while I went to Zumba, and then we were going to head to her and my dad's house for the day. WELL, we got a knock on the door at 5:45am Friday morning from our neighbor who had accidentally backed into her car! Since she was leaving town on Sunday for a road trip, we ended up spending our morning driving an hour to the car dealership to get her car looked at. Luckily, the damage was only to her door and it drove fine so she was good to go for her trip. BUT it was not the most fun way to start our day!
Instead of going to Zumba, we stopped for donuts on the way to the car dealership. Oops!
My mom watched Liam so I could sneak away and have lunch alone with the hubs! He works like 5 minutes from parents' house. We ate at the new Eatzie's in town...and had dessert just because. Yum!
After lunch we decided to go for a dip, but mom of the year over here forgot the swim diaper! His bare bottom was too cute to pass up!
Whenever I'm applying sunscreen to Liam's face/neck his crazy hair always gets in the way!
The whole reason for going to my mom's that day was....the opening of HomeGoods in her town! It actually doesn't open until this week, but we got invited to a sneak peak. I didn't end up getting anything, but my mom found four new chairs for her kitchen and they are SO cute!
--------------
On Saturday we celebrated my friend Amanda's daughter Mallory's FIRST birthday! Her actual birthday is TODAY, so go say Happy Birthday to Miss Mallory!
You can't see them too well here, but her one year pictures are ADORABLE!
Mallory and Liam. Neither were in the mood to be tied down for a picture!

When they first met! Was this really a whole year ago?! Seems like yesterday.

When they first met! Was this really a whole year ago?! Seems like yesterday.
Smash cake!
Mallory had a Minnie Mouse party with lots of PINK!
The happiest birthday girl!
Mallory had a lot of "helpers" when it was present time :)
Girlfriend knew just what to do with her smash cake!
After Mallory's party we all came home and took nice long naps.
Then of course, we had to head to the pool! This was mine and Liam's third trip to the pool, but the first time with Will. It's much more fun when Daddy comes along because he actually gets in the water and enjoys being splashed. I'd rather sunbathe at the edge and take pictures :)
Looking like a stud in his shades.
Splashing all over the place!
Will took him to the big pool to "swim." He did pretty good floating on him stomach!
Me and my little fishy!
---------------
Sunday morning we missed church and were late to Sunday School because someone didn't want to wake up! I finally had to wake him but it was hard. Just look at that sweet, sleepy face!
After Sunday School we ran a few errands, ate lunch, and then it was back to the pool!
After lunch it was another round of naps for everyone, playtime, yardwork, dinner, bed, and lounging. This weekend seemed extra long in a good way. It was a nice, lazy weekend and I'm sad it's over, but I'm looking forward to next weekend because we'll be at the beach!
Miscellany Monday with Carissa















That sounded like a great weekend lots of water time:) Im sorry about your moms car, at least your neighbor was nice enough to let ya'll know, some people would not have.
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks like a fun weekend! Liam is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteDid you get Liam's swim stuff at Children's Place? I need to get Max some new swim trunks! We'll have to meet at the pool sometime too!
ReplyDeleteLove Liam in his sunglasses! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! Looks like you guys had fun, and I love the pool pics!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a super fun weekend, minus the fender bender. Love summer time pool days!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend minus the incident with the car. Liam is to cute & Mallory's party turned out cute
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your Mom's car! That stinks but I'm glad it was still drivable. I think that donuts are a perfectly fine substitution for Zumba in the event of a crisis! :) Yay for Home Goods. That is one of my favorite stores- they always have so many cute things. Liam is a doll in the pool. I also prefer to stay on the sidelines and take pictures. That's why most of our pool pictures are just Jesse and Emerson! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww...such sweeties. I think a Home Goods is a perfect cause for celebration. I wish one would come to my town!
ReplyDeleteHow funny, I was at that EXACT same Home Goods last night for the Grand Opening! Thank goodness the lines werent that long or I wouldnt have bothered going in! When I lived in Las Colinas, I pretty much went there 3x a week on my lunch break, so its great to finally have one in the area now!! ( But I didnt find anything either )
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Weekend Rewind! Good call on donuts instead of Zumba! My kind of girl:)
ReplyDeleteLiam's crazy hair is ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteLiam is getting so big. he is as handsome as ever. okay, boo on the car mishap. glad it's not too serious! oh and i love your swimsuit. totally CUTE!
ReplyDeleteI love baby butt crack! Ha! Thank you so much for your help with Mallory's party - it was a great day and so glad yall were there to celebrate with us!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures!
ReplyDeleteGreat weekend, I wold have been right there with you and the donuts, although I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to walk out of HomeGoods with nothing:)
ReplyDeleteJessica
stayathomeista.com
What a bummer about your mom's car! Looks like you still managed to have a good weekend though - Liam's hair is too cute !
ReplyDelete