What we were up to this past week!
This week started off with glorious sunshine and a new pack of claritan for me so Liam and I could actually enjoy it :)
Then we got a freak May cold front and it was in the 30's and 40's! We just don't go outside when that happens so we did a lot of...
painting
lego building
and exploring mommy's drawers.
(and only wearing diapers apparently!)
One day last week my friend Amanda and her daughter Mallory came over so I could help her with some birthday party prep for Mallory's upcoming 2nd birthday party! While we were working on the computer in the same room as the two little hoodlums, they proceeded to take crayons and draw ALL over the couch cushions! All we could do was laugh because seriously they were two feet away, so it was our own fault for not paying attention! Luckily a quick trip to the dry cleaner and our cushions are good as new. And if anyone has any doubt that Liam initiated this idea...check out what he did to our chair two days later. This time though it was just chalk and easily came off with a wet rag. Oh this child of mine!
By Friday this poor kid was getting serious cabin fever, so he put on his hat, walked to the door and said, "bye bye!"
I was looking back at old pregnancy posts with Liam and realized at this point that we had his nursery cleaned out, beadboard installed and painted, AND his crib assembled. And what had we done for Liesl? Oh, just NOTHING. So this weekend turned into Operation: Find Space For Baby Girl!
We have an extra bedroom, but it was being used as a guest room/craft room/dumping ground unfortunately and had WAY too much furniture in it. So Friday and Saturday we emptied it all out and took three loads of furniture and bins to Will's grandmother's empty house to store it.
This is an in-progress shot of the guest room because I had already started before I took this picture. There had been a nightstand next to the bed, a desk and chair for my sewing machine around the corner, and another small table for my cricut. Oh, and lots of birthday supplies I hadn't put away yet. AND bags and bags of baby items all over the bed. So yeah, this was after I worked all day Friday and left the heavy items for Will.
I am embarrassed to share this, but this is how bad we let the closet get! So shameful.
But I'm loving the after! We moved the dresser into the closet for Liesl's folded clothes, but every drawer is still full of craft supplies. Not sure where those are going to go yet. I'm also considering painting it, but it's last on my list at the moment.
Saturday night Will grilled out and Liam devoured his corn on the cob. He was being so silly about it!
On Sunday morning, my parents stopped by and dropped off Liesl's nursery furniture! We are lucky enough to already have all the pieces we need for her room, but they all need some serious work!
I've mentioned these pieces before that my mom had at her house but didn't want anymore, and I'm so excited to start working on them! So far on my to-do list is the buffet turned changing table that needs to be painted, making or buying some changing pad covers, the wingback chair is getting reupholstered and turned into a glider, and on the far left are two windows that I'm going to choose one from, refinish, and hang above her crib. Also not pictured is her crib which is just Liam's old crib that we are going to repaint. I'm excited that it's all finally in one place, but there's still plenty of work to be done!
After my parents delivered the furniture, we hustled to Sunday School and had lunch with our class after. Then it was home for naps and playtime before dinner with Will's parents!
Aren't these gorgeous?! And they're from our backyard!
Happy Monday!














I totally feel your pain on the nursery stuff! I was doing most of the work on Colbie's when I was 35+ weeks along :/ I put the finishing touch on just hours before I went into labor and really, it's still not ALL the way done. second child problems ;) looks like you have some fun projects coming up with it though!!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing Liesl's clothes hanging up! Yay for baby girl! I can't wait to see her nursery all come together! And next time, I won't have my back turned to those two :)
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to see how little Liesl's nursery turns out.
ReplyDeleteYay for nursery stuff! I advise doing it ASAP! Like Natalie, I put it off too soon as well and it still isn't 100% done but close enough. ;)
ReplyDeleteMaking progress in the nursery! Love that you have so many clothes for baby girl already! I can't wait to stock up on some clothes, but I am waiting to see what we get at showers.
ReplyDeleteThe nursery looks good! You'll get there! The dresser in the closet is a good idea.
ReplyDeleteCleaning out and setting up the nursery can be so much work! Looks like you made good progress.
ReplyDeleteOmg, I have done pretty much nothing either! I'm not changing up the nursery much but Max's new big boy room is getting an overhaul. Goodbye girly guest bedroom! Oh and I've bought nothing for my new little guy. I need to remedy that!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on Baby #2 procrastination. I should probably be packing my hospital bag sometime soon seeing as Little MIss is now full term and all. :) One thing is for sure, having a toddler to chase after and clean up after sure makes the second pregnancy fly by. I can't wait to see what you'll do with Liesl's nursery.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness the crayon came out of the couch cushions! That is totally something that I would do. E always manages to get into trouble while I'm sitting right next to her! :) I cannot wait to see the finished nursery. All of the furniture pieces are perfect!
ReplyDelete