Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Home Tour Tuesday: Fall Home Tour!

Welcome to our home in the fall! With it being our first holiday in the new house, I didn't waste any time pulling out our pumpkins, ghosts and goblins! Right now the house is decorated mostly for fall with some fun Halloween touches that I will later replace with more generic fall items (and hey, probably a turkey or two!). The kids are at such a fun age that they love to comment and play with a lot of the decor, so it's mostly kid friendly. Except for my gorgeous glass blown pumpkins which they know to only admire from afar :) 


Let's start in the entryway! It's the least complete area of the tour which is a nice was of saying it's basically empty still. We put our entryway table from the old house in there for now, but isn't functional at all and frankly, I'm over it. So I just threw a couple of my favorite pumpkins on it and called that area done. 


On to the dining room! This room is one of my favorite rooms to decorate because of the shelves.


 I mostly just dug through my fall bin and placed pumpkins, owls, and leaves throughout the shelving unit.



 I have dreams for this entire room to look more like the dining table (mostly bright whites and golds with rustic greens and browns instead of all the orange) but that will take time. 




The kitchen and living room are full of bright orange which I love. It feels extra festive against all the white and has lots of kid-friendly touches which is perfect because these are the two rooms we spend the most time in as a family. 




I still need to finish Liesl's candy corn canvas from 2013! I've been too afraid to write on it and mess it up that I think I'm going to have a friend finish it for me!



Our bar cart. The chalkboard still has Liesl's birthday quote on it but I'm thinking of changing it to one of those really cliche quotes like, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" or, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." What can I say, I'm a sucker for a cheesy line! 


I found this cute little canvas in the dollar section at Target! It was $3 and you can't beat that! 


These BOO letters also came from the dollar section - Target has been on their game lately with holiday decor! 


Liam painted this little ghost one afternoon. He loves to craft! 


My other favorite place to decorate is our fireplace! 


I believe the bats and BOO banner also came from Target. I need to find something else to replace them with here in a couple more weeks but I think they are so cute. 



ALL of our fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving books. The kids sift through this basket daily and bring me books to read them. 



And these little nutcrackers came from Michaels on super sale after Halloween last year. The kids have played with these I can't tell you how many times over the past few weeks. Some have suffered at the hands of my littles already, but I don't really care because I bought them for the kids anyways! 


And remember that weird nook I've mentioned before? I still haven't found anything permanent to go there but for now we are calling it the "holiday nook." 


This spooky house we found at Homegoods fits perfectly! Liam loves to turn on the little LED candle inside and watch it flicker. 


And that's it! 

Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving and Fall and pumpkin everything! 


6 comments:

  1. Everything is decorated so beautifully! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy fall is finally here!

      Delete
  2. It all looks so cute! Your home is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and in fact, love all your posts.... Very inspirational and clever, funny, and cute.... Thank you so much for sharing your memories with me.... My name is Jenny Austin and I too have a blog - if you are interested in seeing what kind of blog I have, my URL is: starmoon31.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!