Monday, October 5, 2015

Week/end Recap!

Aaaaand it's Monday. Another weekend in the books, but this one was filled with fall weather and fall fun! The cool air this week brought really felt like the season's kick-off and I'm 110% okay with it sticking around. 

Thursday was a regular school/work day for us until I called Will on the way home, and he informed us he was already home and waiting for us! His company had done some volunteer work that day and finished early! We immediately picked him up and headed to the park. 


Liam wanted to join in with these big kids so bad but was too shy to ask. After some gentle coaxing, he just couldn't bring himself to do it, so I finally did. I know I won't always be there to help him/save him blah blah blah, but I was that day and I did. And the JOY on his face when they so sweetly reacted with, "Yes! Climb on up!" made it worth it. When you're four and eight and nine year olds welcome you to play; you've made it. At least in Liam's eyes. He ran around with them the rest of the time we were there, and I tried to "be cool" and stay just far enough away :) 


We topped the evening off with Will grilling us dinner and a bounce house in our front yard!  



Friday, oh Friday. Liesl had her two year check-up and as soon as the doctor walked in she clammed up. She is still not a fan of doctors and nurses since her ER visit. I don't blame her, but she would not let her pedi even check her heartbeat without a fight. You can imagine how shots went! She had to get  a finger prick to check her iron level which turned out to be low, so we had to get blood work done later that day. I waited until Will got home for that and he took her back.  I was emotionally tapped out after listening to her cry in the backseat, "fingew! fingew!" all the way home that morning. It was so pitiful!


This was her after the doctor left and no one was touching her, haha. 

We celebrated surviving the day and her blood draw with a big box of cookies and a family movie night at home! 


Saturday was a new day and we headed to our town's fire station for their annual open house! 


We got there early and had the place (and bounce houses) nearly to ourselves. A perk of not having Saturday morning sports yet! The kids were in heaven.







We ran into Sparky which made Liam's day! 


This is as close as Liesl would get...but she did give him a high five from the safety of my arms. 



The best picture I could get of their balloon creations. Liam had a sword and Liesl had a flower. 


And then we had to hunt down Sparky one more time. Liam talked about him for a good 20 minutes after we left. He is so obsessed with him and the Target dog!?? 


They put on a few demonstrations for the crowd like putting out a small fire with a fire extinguisher and cutting the doors off a car! 


An attempt at a picture with mom! 


The rest of the day consisted of watching the Baylor game (we WON!), laundry, playing, and just hanging out. 


And sneaking gummy bears!


My parents stopped by to pick up their dogs we had been watching this past week while they were on vacation, and they brought us back some BLUE BELL! It was just as amazing as I remembered, and I'm anxiously awaiting November 2nd when it returns to stores here! 


Sunday morning was full of our usual pre-church pictures...


Daddy making them smile! 


And this this happened!


I just love them!! 

After church we did our grocery shopping, I found some outfits for the pumpkin patch later this week, and made 4 necklaces for a custom order! The size necklace I typically make is for babies up to about 6 years, but I made these a big longer for a 9 year old and I even made an adult size one last week! I love that everyone can wear these! I'm planning to make Liesl and I matching ones for Baylor homecoming in a few weeks! :) 


Happy Monday! 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty fabulous weekend. The kids' smiles are so sweet and they look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful weekend!!!! Your kids are adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for quite a while now all the way from Germany and you seem like a happy busy family! Really glad to see that your business is going well :) best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the Fall Outfits!! What a fun weekend and I can't wait to see the pumpkin patch pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!