This poor blog keeps getting the boot when life gets busy. I have not quite found my rythym with all the changes this fall, but I'm not going anywhere! It's just taking me a little longer to get myself together. I'll get there...eventually!
Here's a little random life update for you all. Actually it's incredibly long and rambly -- don't say I didn't warn you!
School/work is going well. There was a lice "incident" last week that had me itching as soon as I read the email. With two kids and myself all in different classes, our chances of getting it were higher than others, but thankfully it seems to have been an isolated incident. Aside from that, I've been managing to get us all up, fed, dressed, lunches made, bags packed and on time every morning so far! Can I just tell you though how much I'm not looking forward to doing it every single morning when Liam starts kindergarten next year? More power to y'all, working moms. It's exhausting!
They didn't know why I was so excited to put them in pants this morning, so we had a conversation on the way to school about how wonderful fall is and all the fun things it brings! And then Liam asked if we were going trick or treating tonight. Womp, womp.
Liesl seems to be loving dance. She definitely loves the dressing up part!
Liam has learned the fine art of chilling while we wait on sister during class. He usually picks out some hot wheels and books to keep himself entertained. And of course, snacks!
Will has been traveling a lot lately so we were thrilled to have him home early on Wednesday. We took the kids to see Hotel Transylvania 2 and it was so cute! We took their little friend with us and the three of them laughed and inhaled gummy bears the entire time. We made a quick stop at Costco afterward to grab a meal for a friend and her family, dropped that off, took our extra kiddo home, and then came home to relax for the evening. It was a fun family day in the middle of the week. Just the pick me up we needed to get us to the weekend!




I won't be able to participate in the small business market I mentioned a few posts back because it's the same weekend as Baylor Homecoming and we already made plans to go. Just another example of how mushed up my brain is right now. I'm bummed because all the other fall/Christmas markets around here are crazy expensive to participate in and I really wanted to try and get my name out there to all the locals. But my little shop is steadily growing and I'm enjoying every minute of it! Seriously, it's been such a fun, creative outlet for me, and I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of owning your own (small) business!
Speaking of the bears, we have been enjoying the Baylor football season so far! Our first conference game is this weekend against a really good team, so our little cheering section will be rooting extra loud!
This girl can be so incredibly sweet and snuggly, but she will absolutely without a doubt be the reason I go gray. Just wait to read a little further along.
I took Liam to a birthday party last weekend and they had a petting zoo! It was so hot but the kids loved it.
Liam and the birthday girl!
And some friends from school. They are all in the same preschool class and have been for years. I love watching him grow up with such sweet friends!
Typical Sunday morning picture -- either on the stairs or the front porch now that the weather is getting nicer.
Liam loves these blocks and is planning on asking Santa for some. I hope Santa is listening!
Twice a month Will and I co-teach Liam's Sunday school class. Will always does the bible story and I explain/assist with the craft. He's so good with the kids and they love listening to him!
After church my rascals love to play in the playroom while we visit with friends.
So this past Sunday night, we had to rush Liesl to the ER. It was our first time taking a child in for anything and we will never forget it, that's for sure. 4.5 years with Liam and the worst thing that's happened to him is stepping on a bee. And right at 2 years old, Liesl trips and falls into the corner of the coffee table and splits her head open. Y'all, it was awful.
(This was in our little room at the ER after the bleeding and screaming had stopped, my poor girl)
Will was outside feeding the dogs, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes, and the kids were picking up their toys right in front of me in the living room. All of a sudden I hear Liesl scream, I pop up from the dishwasher, she pops up from the floor and I see blood on her head. Will comes through the backdoor at the exact same time so he rushes to her, picks her up and takes one look at her head, then tells me to get a wet paper towel and some shoes because we have to go to the ER. I panic and do what he says, but I can't even look because there's so much blood (we learned later that head wounds bleed a lot. YEP). We all jump in the car and thankfully only have to drive across the street to a stand alone emergency center. We are taken right in and probably less than 30 minutes from when she fell, she was glued back together. They were SO wonderful, but poor Liesl screamed the entire time and wanted nothing to do with anyone but me. Even Will was the enemy because he had to keep the paper towel to her head with pressure to stop the bleeding and oh boy, she hated that.
Praise the Lord she didn't have to get stitches, I don't know how that would have gone down. Will mentioned something about a shot in her forehead to numb the area and I wanted to vomit. The glue was super quick and painless and she was finally back to her smiling self soon after. It was definitely traumatizing for us all, even Liam who witnessed the fall and kept telling us how sad he was that she was hurt. But we survived and hopefully she won't have too bad of a scar from it.
We even made it home in time to see the super moon, although Liesl was much more interested in her shadow.
And now to end with this cute face. Donuts always make my boy happy! Donuts and dinosaur faces!

sorry y'all had to go to the ER. That really stinks. I'm shocked that I've never had to take G and she is a climber and has no fear...plus she's super clumsy :/
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh..... poor, sweet girl. SO glad she's ok. I'm so surprised we haven't been yet(knock on wood) with our little monkey.
ReplyDeleteWe got the lice letter too. I freaked. Working at a school I'm super use to it, but man was it different getting a letter from Ell's school. I immediately added more Tea Tree and Lavender oil to her shampoo/cond. Even added some to her detangling spray to make a new "bug spray"! Give the oils a try. The little buggers hate the smell!
Hope your weekend is great! XO
Oh my goodness, poor Liesl! So lucky she didn't need stitches though! We joke (although it's actually true) that Callyn has an annual ER quota to meet. We have been at least once a year with her since she was one. The latest was this spring and she DID end up getting stitches and yeah, it was a disaster. Longest emergency room wait, super late at night by the time we got in and yes Will is right--a shot right in her chin, boooo! I will spare you all the details but it was traumatizing for all of us haha!
ReplyDelete