Thursday, October 8, 2015

Liam Says...

My notes section in my phone is overflowing with Liam-isms, so I thought it was time for another edition of "Liam says!"



(Wondering why the landscapers planted bushes with thorns in our front yard.)
"Mom, why did they put a pokey bush in our garden??"

(selfie)
"Mommy, let's take a Sophie!" 

(His little friend Patrick moved to a different preschool)
Liam: "Patrick isn't in my class anymore. He moved to Africa-Merica."
Mommy: "Oh? Who told you that?"
Liam: "I just told myself from my memories." 

(Liam telling me about the roly-poly's) 
"They weren't out yesterday because they weren't hungry, but they are out today because they are hungry and they are getting food for their babies. The daddies are out hunting food for their babies." 

 (My Aunt Sue handed Liam a feather she found)
"I knew those ducks were sneaking in at night!" 

"God made the rain so the plants will grow big and wide!"

(When I told him the rain chances went away.)
"It's windy. The wind blew the rain clouds away!"


"I know all about insects! I know all about...worms and spiders...and squirrels...and turtles...and sea serpents!" 

"Mommmyyyyy, I saw a bee! It was in my toy garage. It made me freak out."

(Debating whether or not to taste my Cherry Limeade)
"Can I look my eyeball at it? I want to see it so I can see if it's BLECH so I won't want to taste it!"  

(While making french toast together)
Liam: "Are you doing this or am I?"
Will: "I am"
Liam: "Good because I will get my hands dirty and then I will have to wash my hands with cold water and cold water is not my favorite."


Mom: "Jk! Lol!"
Liam: "Jk! Lmnop!"

(Getting impatient while waiting for Yaya to get done at the doctor.)
"My email said she already got her shots!" 

(After we climbed to the top of Enchanted Rock)
"I can see the whole country!" 

(After Liam stomped on a bee -- that I'm pretty sure was already dead)
 "I made it all the way dead, forever!" 

(Observing the traffic)
"Why are those automobiles going so fast?!!?" 

(with a scowl on his face after driving past one)
"Why did God create skunks?" 

"I don't like mosquitoes. Why did God create mosquitoes?"

"I know the dinosaurs are all dead, but do you think there are some baby T-Rex's hiding somewhere?" 

"Liesl, sit in my lap! I have plenty of room!"

(He wouldn't play at the splash at the splash park when he was taken there alone)
"I was afraid without my baby sister." 

(After taking a drink of ice water)
 "Thats refreshing. Ahhhhh"

(Seeing a hole in the chair)
 "Maybe a nail punctured it." 

Electricity = "light-tricity"

Liam: "Is that water supposed to be there?"
Mommy: "No it's flood water." (stagnant water along the road after all the rain this spring)
Liam: "I can't believe my eyes!!"

(Right before belly flopping on Will's back)
"Daddy, calm down. Don't be afraid. I'm just going to do something." 

(Pooching his stomach out)
"Look my belly is getting bigger! We are having a baby!!!"

(sounding so weary and tired)
"Sometimes it's hard to handle putting your pants on." 

(When my MIL was helping Liam change and noticed his days of the week underwear)
Sherrie: "I like your underwear but it's not Monday."
Liam: "Mommy makes mistakes sometimes." 

(Telling dad to turn on the windshield wiper)
"You've got rain on your window dad. Sweep it off." 

(When Will and Liam walked outside into the sunshine and Liam sneezed.)
Will: "Bless you" 
Liam:"The sun gives me allergies." 

Mommy: "Why are you sitting on my head?"
Liam:  "Because it's the most comfortable spot for my hiney."

Trying to come up with the word snow cone stand = "ice factory"

(Not exactly...and also, apparently the sun is in heaven)
"I know why we can't see Jesus. Because he's invisible and hides behind the sun. You know, the sun? That circle that's a ball of fire." 

(After telling me a series of jokes he made up about alligators, tigers, and bunnies crossing the road.)
"Were those so much funny words?"

(Story about the weaving in his room that he's all of a sudden scared of and we had to remove from his wall)
"Her must have used glow yarn because when I open my eyes at night I can see them and they look like a ghost." 

Adorable = "adoyable"

(Phrases he uses when he makes/does something he wants my opinion on)
"Isn't that adorable?" "Is that so cute?"

(I may overuse the word precious...)
"You're my precious mommy." "Sweet precious Liesl pie!" 

(made his two crane truck toys interlock)
"They're hugging!" 

(Trying to tell me about a toy at target he wanted to go back and get)
"That store with the big red circle on it!"

"What's the point? It's just food not candy!"

(supposed to be fountain flowing)
"Deep and wide, deep and wide, there's a mountain blowing deep and wide!"

(Various ways he starts off almost every sentence)

"First off..."

"The thing is..."

"Surely..."

"Basically..."

And my personal favorite this round...

"I like my bacon soft...like a pillow." 

Happy Thursday! 


5 comments:

  1. I feel ya about the pants, Liam.

    Last night we were talking about serving and he was asked how he serves at home. He said "I eat the food my mommy makes!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too much!! Pants are hard Liam! Hiney on moms head 😂😂. Kids say the darnedest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did God create skunks and mosquitoes?? I think these are great questions!! Love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that one about "mommy makes mistakes", hilarious!! I laughed so hard reading all these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!