Last week, Liam had his first Santa encounter of the season! We went to a fun Christmas party, and he showed up to read a story and take pictures.
Tami, Liam looked adorable in his shirt and got a lot of compliments! Thank you so much!
I wasn't sure how Liam would react. We've been pointing him out in books, and he can say Santa and Ho-Ho-Ho, but I wasn't sure how he would do seeing the jolly red man in the flesh. It went much better than I expected!
When Santa first came in Liam seemed interested but was also still in my lap. I sat him on the floor and when Santa was making the rounds, he stopped at Liam and started talking to him. After that Liam was completely smitten.
From there Liam got closer and closer during story time. I don't know if at first he was more into Santa or his "stuff." Santa gave Liam his jingle bells to shake and then Liam helped himself to his sack! He kept going back and forth between standing and staring and sitting and staring during the story.
I don't know if you can tell, but Liam is just beside himself with excitement here! He has his little hands clasped together and he kept clapping and clapping!
"Sure, I'll take those bells off your hands for you Santa!"
Of course picture time was a little different story, but I think that had more to do with the camera than with Santa. Liam has not "smiled for the camera" in months! When it was his turn he sat in Santa's lap and told him he wanted a "choo-choo" for Christmas. Then the photographer and I tried to get him to smile and look and he just snuggled into Santa's lap and stared at the camera. No smile, no grin, no classic screaming or fit throwing. Nothing! Needless to say I didn't bother buying those pictures, haha.
We stayed until the end of the party to help clean up, and once the room had kind of cleared out, Liam made his way back over to Santa. He was the nicest Santa and stayed to play with some of the kids after the photo session! Liam inched his way back over and Santa gave him his jingle bells again. I asked Liam if he could give Santa a hug and he hopped right in his lap for a big bear hug! The photographer happened to still be in his chair and snapped it really quick! It's super cute but I haven't received it yet, so here's a sneak peak from the side that I got with my camera.
This was actually just our practice round for the Santa we are going to see today. We are headed back to see the same Santa at Northpark Mall we saw last year. I think it will be cute to have the same Santa for as many years as possible. But if it backfires and Liam goes stone-faced again, it's nice to know I already have a cute one!








.jpg)
My guess is that G will go crazy...and, in a bad way. We'll see! Liam is cute as always!
ReplyDeleteAw I love all the cute Santa pictures! That's great Liam was so smitten with him :D Definitely makes it easier to get pics with Santa. I am crossing my fingers this year that my son isn't freaked out by him.
ReplyDeleteHe looks like a little doll in his shirt! I'm so glad y'all like it! I am so impressed with Santa! He seems like he was awesome with the kiddos. That last picture of Liam snuggling up to Santa is enough to melt your heart! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI love how animated Liam is in these pictures! So fun! And the last one couldn't be sweeter!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, he looks so presh with Santa! I cannot wait to take my kids this year.
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a Santa success! Cute photos of a memorable moment!
ReplyDelete