I posted individual blog posts on some of the Christmas activities we did this month, but they don't put a dent into what all we actually did! Here's a recap of our last month of 2016 before the new year rolls around!
We continued with our Christmas book advent countdown. We have acquired so many Christmas books that I think I'm going to wrap two sets next year.
I never got around to taking pictures of our Christmas decor this year, but here's one I snapped really quick on my phone to send my mom of our Christmas table. I've been transitioning it from silver and blue to silver and gold. Our decor was really similar to last year with a few additions, so you can see my Christmas tour from last year HERE. Next year hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures because I just love our house all decorated for Christmas!
Liesl is so my daughter. She walked herself right over to the fireplace to sit and watch her Christmas movie so she could be warm. Will thinks it's ridiculous that I have to sit RIGHT NEXT to the fire to get warm, but now I'm not alone!
I took a lot of pictures of Elias under various Christmas trees this year. Baby's First Christmas and all :)
Our family ornament from this year! I always get a new one when a new family member is added!
We went to see Santa with our good friends, and it's nice to have friends to keep you company in line. Kids and adults!
After Santa pictures, we all ate dinner at Kona Grill. We were gushing over their little bento boxes for the kids meals, and my friend Tracey found them online and ordered them for our kids! Aren't they so fun??
And we had to stop and see the gingerbread house display at the mall before we left. It was London themed and had all the major landmarks.
Mid-month was Griffin Christmas! We hosted 18 people from Will's side of the family and it was a great time! Will and I hosted which basically meant we just cleaned the house and brought out extra chairs because everyone pitched in with the food and activities! Grandmother always has bingo and dominoes to play, complete with prizes, and of course there are Christmas presents to open. Liam had been asking all day when the family was coming over, so he was SO excited when it was finally present time!
Elias' hand-made stocking! I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of everyone's all lined up -- it always looks so neat because there are SO many!
Family picture!
One of our coordinated Christmas church outfits. I just can't help myself. Liam is so lucky he's too big for Jon-Jons.
We attended our church's Sounds of Christmas production one evening and it was beautiful. It was a mixture of upbeat and slow songs with our choir and orchestra. I loved all the songs, but oh my word, some of the soloists were just incredible!
I went the super easy route this year with teacher gifts. Gift cards, Christmas cards, and THESE instant downloads I found on Etsy. Easy, festive, and teachers love gift cards!
Liesl also helped me stuff little goodie bags for her class Christmas party!
Baby playing under the tree!
Will took off the week before Christmas as well as the week after, so he took Liesl up there with him one morning to deliver Christmas gifts to his team. She was excited to go with Daddy to work, and I was excited to get some wrapping done!
Oh hey, baby under the tree :)
All dressed up and ready for light-looking!
This year my family went on a horse-drawn carriage ride (wagon though for our large group) through Highland Park to look at lights. It was cold but oh so pretty!!! I definitely recommend this if you're local!
Liam's last day of school was a pajama day AND party day! We dropped him off and then headed right back up an hour later to party with his classmates.
Since it was pajama day for the whole school, we kept the theme going with all our kiddos. Liam was a proud big brother to be matching with Elias! It was a fun little morning watching him with his friends in class, and then we decided to snag him out early and start our Christmas vacation!
I took the kids to a playdate just a few days before Christmas. It was a busy day and we didn't get to stay long, but this sweet group of kiddos were some of the first friends Liam made growing up (and my first group of mommy friends!). We've been having playdates with them since Liam was only three months old, and my friend Tracey talked me into joining Meetup.com. Now we are all on kid number 2 or 3 (or more!) and our lives and schedule have all changed, but they are all so dear to me! We did our usual Christmas book exchange, but the kids mostly just played while we all caught up!
And I have to end with a baby under the tree! :)



































Hey, baby under a tree is just practical. Milam loved hanging out under there and looking at all the lights and ornaments :)
ReplyDelete