We got Liam's bedding this weekend! We had planned on ordering it but happened to pop into PB Kids over the weekend and there it was. We weren't sure if they would have it because it's on sale, but we got lucky!

We got the crib skirt, bumper, and it came with a plain white sheet. Plain white = BORING. We knew since the bedding was on the simpler side, we wanted to get some fun sheets to add color and pattern. Yesterday we ordered these three from Serena & Lily.



Once Will is on vacation later this week we are going to go buy the crib mattress and hopefully put it all together if the sheets come in! Moms out there - I know I need to wash everything before we put it on; do I wash it all with Dreft? The sheets only or the bumper and skirt too?
I really like the PB curtains in the nursery picture above, but of course they no longer have them in blue. I may end up ordering some from Land of Nod which are similar, or picking out some fabric and having my mom make them. Serena & Lily sell their fabric by the yard so I could get some from them. I'm torn between these two.

Buy Land of Nod curtains?

Fun fabric and make my own?
Now onto decor!

I love, love, love this birth announcement print from this etsy shop, but of course we cannot order that until after Liam is here. I also want to hang a bunch of newborn pictures once those are taken, so his walls might be a little bare until after his arrival.

I am in love with this little chair from PB Kids. I think it would be so cute to take Liam's weekly/monthly pictures in and watch him grow into it. It is also SUPER soft but can't be monogrammed because of the sherpa slipcover. Sad. But probably better because then we can use it for future children!
I've also recently become obsessed with Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. I didn't even know they had a baby section until my friend from work was telling me about it. They have the sweetest little baby stuff!

This would match his nursery colors perfectly, and what baby doesn't need a little rocker??


Awww =)


And I know this isn't decor, but Liam seriously needs this little outfit to wear at the hospital!
Hopefully the next pictures I post will be of his actual room! We'll see!
I love the little chair from PB Kids its soo cute!!
ReplyDeleteYay for getting the bedding! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteThe bedding you chose is gorgeous! I'm so in love with Restoration Hardware's baby line too! I found the perfect baby boy bedding there and I love all of their accessories too!
ReplyDeleteI just bought a similar shadow box last week! I would buy the fabric and make curtains...that fabric is SUPER cute! Oh, and you can go ahead and get all the frames and hang them and once little L gets here then you can put his sweet little face in all of them...that way it wouldn't look so bare.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have some great ideas for the nursery! I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. :-)
ReplyDeleteI washed all baby stuff with All Clear...that is what we use so i didn;t buy anything special and it has worked out fine.
ReplyDeleteLove your decor! and those are cute little hats...I love hats!
Hello you totally don't know me but I stumbled upon your blog with the Christmas Tour. The bedding you picked out is adorable and I love your name for your baby. Very cute! I'm from the DFW area too so its nice to meet someone from around these parts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI washed mine with All free and clear! Cheaper and smelled good.
ReplyDeletehow cute!! love the patterns/colors you are going with. i can't wait to see it all come together!!
ReplyDeletei also washed everything with All Clear-mucccch cheaper is and is allergen free as well!
jess
I think you can make that birth announcement thing on your own. I am working on a blog entry this week regarding one I just made for my cousin's baby.
ReplyDeleteAwww it looks wonderful!! I think I like the PB curtains more... :) And I love baby & child restoration hardware.... I've recently ordered a gift from there for an expecting friends- i can't wait to get it! :)
ReplyDeleteyay for getting the bedding!!! that makes is so much more real i bet :)
ReplyDeletelove the little chair from pb!!
You should use the Land of Nod curtains. They are more classy and then use fun fabric for the sheets! :) that's what I would do. i love your blog!
ReplyDeletei'd just wash the sheets and not worry about the bumper or bedskirt. If you go ahead and make up the bed now, just remember to was the sheet before he actually sleeps on it! As far as the curtains, I'd go with the curtains with the more simple pattern. That way you could still use them when he outgrows the crib and is in a regular bed.
ReplyDeleteRandom: a friend of mine mentioned that they are naming their son Liam since her husband's name is William and -liam are the last 4 letters of William. Is that a reason you chose Liam as well? I had never thought of that before! Liam is such a cute name!