Friday, June 26, 2015

Five on Friday!

Happy Fri-YAY! Today is extra exciting because Will comes home after being gone ALL week! We can't wait to have him back!

I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for...



Now settle in for my most random assortment of 5 on Friday yet...

1.

Do your feet a favor and treat them to The Face Shop Smile Foot Peel asap! It is by far the best product I've tried to get rid of dry, dead skin, and it's so incredibly easy. 

The directions are in Chinese so I'll give you a run-down. Put on the included booties and pour the solution inside - chill for 60-90 minutes with them on - I would suggest walking around some to make sure the solution reaches all areas of your feet - take them off and rinse your feet - be patient for 5 days while nothing happens - on day 5 or 6 layers of you skin will start to magically peel off and you will be left with smooth, baby soft skin! I think it was on day 7 that I took a long, hot shower and that helped finish getting all of the skin off. You're not supposed to peel the skin but I would gently rub my hands up and down my feet and the skin was literally rolling off in chunks. Kind of gross, but mostly awesome! 



2. 

The Bobo Books!

A good friend of mine got Liam the original Bobo book, I Must Have Bobo, for his first birthday and it very quickly became a favorite. Well the other day we were strolling through Half Price Books and I spotted a second Bobo book! I had no idea others had been written! We immediately got it and have read it nearly every night since. AND I just got on Amazon to grab a link for them and saw a THIRD Bobo book available! They are such cute books and all about a little boy named Willy, his best friend, a stuffed animal named Bobo, and their adventures involving his cat Earl who also wants Bobo for himself! 



3. 

The Nordie's Anniversary Sale is SO CLOSE!

I'm so bummed I didn't get my catalog to preview the sale -- I'm thinking it got sent to our old address??? I don't know, but I missed out on getting to browse it early, so I'm fully counting on Sheaffer to tell me what I need to get. I relied on her last year and she did NOT disappoint - you need to be following her if you're not by the way. And I kind of love that this sale just happens to fall right around my birthday! Hint, hint family. I'm not above gift cards or just straight cash :) 

4. 

My "procedure"

So I mentioned on my What's Up Wednesday post that I was having a little procedure done that day. Well, I got a chemical peel. It's not really a procedure but I didn't know what to call it. Last fall I got shingles (Yep, shingles. That virus that typically only older adults get that causes incredibly painful blisters? Yeah, that.) and I have a deep scar on my face from one of the blisters that popped. I've been to the dermatologist a few times about it to talk options. The least invasive (and to be honest, the cheapest) option is getting a few rounds of chemical peels to try and soften/flatten the scar. It won't completely remove it, but at least if it's flat I can cover it up better with makeup. Some of you may think I sound incredibly vain now, but it is smack dab in the middle of my face and it bothers me, so this was a personal decision of mine to try and fix it! As for the chemical peel itself, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't hurt at all! It stung a little at times, but for the most part was pretty relaxing. The hardest part has been keeping myself tucked away because I cannot be out in the sun and it's starting to itch like crazy! I should start peeling over the weekend and hopefully be back to normal come Monday or Tuesday. Now, fingers crossed I don't traumatize my children as my face begins to peel off, ha! 

5.

And my most exciting announcement - Home Tour Tuesday!

I decided to start a little series for our home tour! Now, not every room is ready so it won't be every Tuesday, but as they are finished (and I get around to photographing them) I will showcase them on Tuesdays. First up next Tuesday will be our kitchen! Our living room, dining room, and back porch are all ready to go as well! I have had the best time over the last 4 months making these rooms feel like us and fit our family, so I hope you like them! 


Enjoy your weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. I might have to try a chemical peel, was it painful? I have a lot of scarring on my face that bothers me and I would like to eventually make it less noticeable. How many rounds are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't hurt at all! It stung a bit but you will most likely have a fan on you on your face to help curb that. The worst feeling has been the itchiness since! I think I'm going to start with three rounds like my dermtogist recommended, but I may continue to do them just for skin maintenance down the road!

      Delete
  2. Vain?! Puh-leeze!!! How's it feeling now? Has is started to peel off?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!