Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend Recap + Some!

Will was out of town most of last week which meant I had a different roommate who likes to sleep in. That let to no motivation for me to get up early and blog which means I have some catching up to do!

On Thursday Liam really wanted to swim AND go to the splash park, so I decided to have a "yes" day and do both! Because we've been in a serious drought the last few years (which is clearly OVER) this is the first summer in a while that the splash pad has been open! We hit that up first and the kids had a BALL.






We paused briefly for a picnic lunch and then it was back to splashing! 




Then we headed to the pool, but because we had already spent nearly two hours at the splash pad, these two weren't that into it. The water was cold so eventually Liam just asked to go home. Then they both took some KILLER naps! 


This is totally random, but I think it's hilarious the way Liam eats his apples. I can always tell when he's been around! 


And Liesl after her nap -- complete with bedhead and brother's shoes. She is obsessed with shoes and wants to wear everyone's! 


On Friday I took the kids to the park and we had the entire thing to ourselves! The forecast showed rain which is why I guess no one was out, but it only slightly sprinkled so it was a win for us! 






These kids are both happiest when they are swinging! 


And Liam is now officially swinging all by himself! 


Later we were all playing legos in Liam's room when I announced it was nap time. Liesl went over and turned Liam's sound machine on and then crawled into his bed! She had me going there for a second that she might be ready for a big girl bed...until the stood up and started jumping all over it. I may have been secretly happy about that because I am not ready for her to be out of a crib yet! 


Saturday morning started out slow and lazy. 


We had planned to clean and organize the garages on Saturday, but one last round of rain cancelled our outdoor plans. Instead, on a whim, we decided to paint Liesl's room! I picked out Benjamin Moore's Ballerina Pink and had it color matched at Home Depot. We started in the afternoon and were completely finished with two coats by 8pm! 

We left the wall her crib is on unpainted because I'm debating stenciling it. Once that gets decided we just need to install a new light fixture that I'm getting from my parents, hang a few more pictures I already have, and her nursery will be complete! 


Sunday called for another slow morning for these two. Even thought Will got zero VOC paint, Liesl slept in our bed because of the paint fumes, and of course Liam couldn't be left out. 


The sun is out!!! Liam and Liesl looked so cute for church, but of course wouldn't even look my way because Will was backing the car out of the driveway and that's way cooler than me apparently. 


I have no pictures to show for it, but we spent the entire afternoon/evening outside cleaning/switching/and organizing the garages. I think they will be much more functional for us now, and hopefully I won't run into anything backing out anymore! #yep #thathappened 

Happy Monday! ! ! 

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe they will both sleep in your bed like that! Amazing! And so cute!! Yes days are fun--good for you for just going for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the sun is out too and we spent all afternoon outside Sunday as well! Love Liesl's pink room! And I love the pics of them swinging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a fun, busy weekend! Wish there were more splash pads in our area. And the paint color is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good weekend! I wish we had a splash pad closer to us. The nearest one is 20 miles away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!