Monday, June 22, 2015

June Recap!

Wow! 

I thought summer would mean I would have more time to regularly blog, but it is proving to be the exact opposite. I did not mean to disappear for nearly the entire month of June, but we have been going a million miles per hour it feels like. However, that means we've been busy logging tons of fun memories, so I can't feel too bad about it! 

Now, time to play catch-up!


Liam is in his second week of t-ball and is such a stud! Technically it's his third week, but last week got rained out and I am crossing my fingers the fields dry out enough for him to get to play this week after the rain/flooding we got this weekend. The rain here just.wont.stop! 


My MIL came out to watch his first game and my mom and cousin are coming this week. Liam will never be short a group of cheerleaders at his events! 



Go Astros! 



We've been celebrating friend's birthdays! And playing with their toys. 





Miss Brooke is ONE! 


Liam's friend Grace turned five (it was a joint party, that's why this cake has a different name!) and she had the cutest mermaid themed pool party! 



Some friends of ours hosted a cookout one night, and it was seriously the perfect summer night. The weather was gorgeous and we had tons of food, drinks, and laughter. The kids had a blast in their awesome backyard too! 





Doesn't this look straight out of parenthood?! 








Liam attended soccer camp the first week of summer break! A lot of his little friends did it too, so they had a lot of fun together.












On the last day, they put on a couple scrimmages for the parents to watch.


Liesl was more concerned with her baby and playing with brother's ball to watch. It was hot but fun! 




We got our bedroom painted! I LOVE IT. I can't get over the difference the navy makes. Our room is far from finished; I want to get new nightstands, a dresser, lamps, some artwork, a wall mirror, etc. Basically new everything except our bed and chaise lounge, but I want them to be pieces we keep for a long time so it will be a slow process. This is all the "reveal" that's happening for now! 



Liesl and I just doing some shopping, and then she decides to grab an insulated lunch bag and strut through the store with her new purse! My MIL is keeping each of the kids one day a week for some special "Mom-mom" time. She's been doing this since Liam was a toddler, and I think it's so great. And now that I have two, her special day with one kid is also my special day with the other! I usually always have both with me at all times, so it's fun to spend some one-on-one time with each of them for me as well. I've got plans to take Liam to a movie one of our days and Liesl to the American Girl store! 


I can't believe we've kept this fish alive for nearly 2.5 years. Most of the time, it's me and Will feeding and cleaning it, but every once in a while Liam is interested in helping. He used to feed him everyday until he dumped an entire food container in the tank one day, and I had to perform a rescue mission to save Fishy. Now Fishy lives on a high shelf. 



Some days we are just ready for Friday! This day was one of those days! 



And this shirt is killing me! I saw it over on Andrea's Instagram, and I could not get one for Liesl fast enough! Love me some #HeyGirl.



I never got a good forward-facing picture of these two this Sunday morning, but don't they look precious? They love to hold hands. 



And here they are in their natural habitat - Liam was squashing a bug and Liesl was twirling. 




And last week was VBS! I love VBS! I volunteer so that my kids can go, and our church always does a wonderful job. 


My sweet little two year old class! 


Liesl enjoyed rocking out at the worship rally at the end of each day! 


We heart VBS and I love all the volunteers that help teach my sweet kiddos about Jesus' love for them!


On Friday some of our good friends came to visit! Liesl and Ella are only a couple months apart, so of course we have to dress them alike when we get together! I'm glad we got to see them our their visit to Dallas! 


On Saturday we drove out to Ham's Orchard for some porch swinging and peach ice cream eating.  


Liesl loved the homemade ice cream! Liam will only eat vanilla which they didn't have (even though he devours Chic-fil-a's peach shakes which I tried to remind him of but he wouldn't listen - oh, four year olds) so he asked for "just a cone". That kid. 


 I love this picture!




Saturday night we went out to dinner with Will's dad. I snapped this picture on our way out - it might be my new favorite! 


And Father's Day! I "fixed" Will a man breakfast with his two favorites - Starbucks and Whataburger. We got him a couple gifts and some framed pictures for his office. Then we spent the rest of the day at my parent's house, and I took zero pictures because my phone is out of storage. But we had a great time celebrating some wonderful dads! 

If you hung in there, good for you! Go get a snack or something now. :) 

We have a slow week this week, so I think I can get all caught up very soon. I have a couple more fun things to share including our trip to the blueberry farm AND a kitchen reveal!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. What a busy month(and it's not even over yet!). I was missing Insta pics too. Can't wait to see your room once it's finished. I'm sure it will be stunning. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great month so far! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!