Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Today I'm linking up with Mel, Sheaffer, and Shay for...



What We're Eating This Week...




I made a big batch of vegetable soup on Monday and since Will is out of town this week, I'll be eating on that until it runs out. I wish I could share the recipe, but I actually got the soup mix from the peach orchard we visited last weekend and then added ground beef. It looks just like the one I've linked above though if you want to make your own!

What I'm Reminiscing About...


Disneyland! I've been seeing pictures of families vacationing at Disney recently and am having major Disney withdrawals. It doesn't help that Will is going to California in a few weeks and is staying directly across the street from Disneyland. He keeps teasing me about how he's getting a Disney view so he can watch the fireworks every night, and I keep teasing him that he's going to be surprised with some stowaways in his suitcase if he keeps bringing it up!

What I'm Loving...


That Will's birthday is next week! He's a typical guy and doesn't really care that his birthday is coming up, but I LOVE to celebrate...and especially to celebrate him! This ear will be more low key, but Last year was his 30th and we did it up big!

What We've Been Up To...


Everything! I gave a big recap of our busy month on Monday. Yesterday we went to the Perot Museum and tonight Liam has t-ball!

What I'm Dreading...

 Nothing at the moment. I'm a little anxious about a procedure I'm having this afternoon, but not dreading.


Collecting some new and fun craft/activity ideas for the kiddos for the summer. It's getting HOT here so we are going to need some indoor entertainment on standby for those days we just can't handle the heat! That's my Pinterest board above - I need to get better at pinning, but there are some great ideas on there that I am looking forward to trying with the kids!

What I'm Excited About...

Getting out of town with the hubby soon! More details below... :)

What I'm Watching/Reading...


Fraiser. Still. I just can't get enough of Dr. Fraiser Crane!

What I'm Listening To...

Nothing really unless it's the radio in the car or the kids music channel on TV. Also, I'm listening to Liam sing his vbs songs on repeat; it's pretty darn cute. And at this exact moment I'm listening to Flip or Flop.

What I'm Wearing...

A lot of shorts and tanks. I stocked up on some cute shorts at Loft recently. Also a lot of workout shorts and tanks. Basically any version of shorts and tanks that won't make me turn into a complete puddle as soon as I step out the door. By the way, I just saw that all tees, tanks, and shorts are 50% off at Loft right now! 

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Nada! Laying low! Sleeping In! (ha, fat chance on the last one.)

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...


Will and I are going to SEATTLE! I'm tagging along on a business trip and then we are staying a few extra days. I'm SO excited! Neither of us have been before, so if anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!  

What Else Is New...

Not much! Just chugging along enjoying the sunshine and trying not to melt!

What Are You Doing For 4th Of July...


4th of July last year!

We are joining friends for their neighborhood block party! I'm picturing a very Wonder Years-esque party with the kids running around with sparklers and all the adults sitting around in lawn chairs and playing corn hole in the cul-de-sac. Doesn't the term "block party" just sound so retro? I don't think I've been to a block party since I was the kid running around with sparklers. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really looking forward to it!


5 comments:

  1. We are going to Seattle next month as well! Husby and I have both been, but separately, and this is the little man's first time (and 9th state he is adding to his list!). We hear the Chihuly garden is a must, ferry to Bainbridge, needle, and of course Pike's Place (we are going to stay right by there). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your recs! The only one I've heard of is Pike's Place Market and the space needling, so I'm excited to have more to add to the list - especially because I will have a couple days on my own. I hope you guys have a blast as well!!!

      Delete
  2. I just went in August! I'll message you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seattle is SO fun! If you aren't completely grossed out by it you should check out the gum wall (just to say you did) and if you love cheesecake then you should hit up The Confectional located in Pike's Place Market. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the Perot Museum earlier this month and loved it! And a "block party" sounds so fun! I have the exact vision that you have... I didn't know people even had those anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!