Last Friday Liesl and I had ourselves a girl day!
We started the day off with some silly faces. We call this one her "mean mug" which she will give before bursting into a fit of giggles.
Then I decided to paint her toenails for the first time! I've been wanting to do this for awhile and today seemed like the perfect day. We went with pink, naturally.
She was so excited! I was too - it felt like a girl mom right of passage.
She was a little wiggly during the painting process, but nothing a good show couldn't distract her from! I reached for Netflix to find a good girly show for us to watch since big brother usually dictates which cartoons they watch, and I tried my hardest to get her to watch Angelina Ballerina with me. It looks so cute and Liesl can usually be found dancing and twirling, so I thought she would love it. However, it turns out Liam has already had too much of an influence on her, and she was adamant that we watch the new Curious George movie. Good thing it did not disappoint!
We ended up watching it again Sunday night so Liam could see it too! When something for kids involves jungle animals AND rocket ships, it's bound to be a winner. The kids enjoyed it and I even found myself laughing at Houston, voiced by John Goodman, and tapping to the music by the Plain White T's. Thank you, Netflix, for yet another good pick!
Look at that concentration while her toes dried!
And dry time is also a good time for some snuggling.
Then sister was ALL about showing them off! She wouldn't stop pointing and smiling!
To continue our girl day and to go along with the Curious George theme, we made some banana muffins!
Liesl was all about helping me at first, and then she got a little grumpy. Little did I know...
Not long after we made our (delicious!) banana muffins, sister began throwing up and continued to do so for the rest of the night. And then Will was four hours late getting home from his business trip thanks to a crazy storm that rolled in.
All of the above promptly ended the fun girl day we were having, but at least I can say that MOST of our day was special!
This post is sponsored by Netflix and the #StreamTeam. All thoughts and opinions are my own.









Miss Girl's mean muggin face is adorable!!!!! Sorry she got sick at the end of girls day, but it looks like lots of fun up until then. =)
ReplyDeleteIs her hair lightening up, or is that just me?