Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend Recap!

Any weekend that starts with donuts is destined to be a good one! We kicked off National Donut Day with some help from Krisy Kreme. These two were not upset about it. 


My friend Tracey, who I've mentioned is also my fabulous interior designer, needed to go meet with a client so Will and I played parents of four for a couple hours...and survived! Our kiddos play so well together that it was an easy gig, and it was fun to let Will see the kids in action. He doesn't get to attend too many playdates :)  



Then Iron Man showed up to the playdate...the little ones were a little unsure about him.


These two are such good buddies and only a week apart! 

On Saturday L&L slept in together again. I have so many sleeping pictures of them; they probably need their own hashtag by now! 


We spent Saturday morning running around town getting Liam all of his gear for soccer camp this week AND t-ball! He is SO excited about playing t-ball.


While the kids napped Will worked on our back porch (more on that later), and I painted swatches all over our bedroom. Yep, we are painting our bedroom NAVY! I am so excited about how it's going to turn out! We've decided on the top color, Naval by Sherwin Williams. And yes, we need more pillows. I am the worst at picking out pillows!


This is my bedroom inspiration. Swoon! 


We capped off Saturday evening with a family swim at our neighborhood pool and Frasier on the couch. Y'all, we've started watching Fraiser on Netflix from the beginning. It took me a couple episodes to get into it, but now I think it's hilarious! #wearedorks 


On Sunday we headed to church and then to my parents for the rest of the day! Sunday can pretty much be summed up with two words: swimming and eating. That's all we did. All day. It was glorious. 



We took Liam on a little field trip to Yates Corner Grocery! It's got to the be one of the oldest, if not the oldest, gas station and maybe building in the town we grew up in from back when it was a "small town." My brother and I used to walk here for candy bars in the summer. I remember literally digging in the couch cushions for change to go get a candy bar or a push-up. Good times! 


GIANT fountain drinks from the gas station might be one of my favorite things ever. #redneck 


Then it was back to the pool of course! I have pictures of Liesl too, aka my fearless water baby, but she decided to skinny dip for most of the day so those pictures will have to stay off the internets :) 


Happy Monday! 

Time to hit up the soccer fields and the splash park with friends today! 



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! We, too, watch old shows and call ourselves dorks! And, I LOVE the navy paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't go wrong with weekends filled with swimming, eating, and friends/family!! when i was in college, there was this place where you could get a GIANT fountain drink for 50 cents... you better believe i used all my laundry quarters on those pops :) your fountain-drink-picture made me think of that!! happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! We went to the pool this weekend, but our pools are always insanely packed and that makes them not even fun. Since we don't have neighborhood pools here and rarely anyone has private pools so they are all city pools. Oh well! We like the free splash pads anyway haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the navy walls!
    Also, we're dorks, too. We totally watched Frasier the entire way through last year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!