Thursday, June 10, 2010

5 Question Friday!


Five Question Friday is from a new (to me) blog and it sounds fun so here goes!

1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?

I think a good friend is someone who knows when to listen to you talk about something over and over again just because it makes you feel better to talk, but also who knows when enough is enough and will force you to go out and have fun and get over it! A good friend is also someone who you can not see for weeks, months, whatever, but the second your back together it's like no time was ever lost. Since graduating and getting married, I don't get to see my friends as often as I would like to so that's super important to me!


2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?

Probably all the goodies from my J. Crew shopping spree with my mom on Wednesday. I don't regret the actual clothes because they're super cute, but I regret a little bit the amount of clothes. Will was not happy about that....until he found out some of the items were for him. It helps that he likes new clothes almost as much as me. :)

3. Have you ever had a prank played on you?

Hmmm...not that I can think of but I've been told I'm quite gullible so I'm sure someone has played a prank on me at some point. Will messes with me a lot, but I wouldn't really call those pranks. "Prank" to me reminds me of the time on Full House when D.J. and Kimmy and Kimmy's boyfriend put their principal's car on the roof of their school. I've never done or had anything like that done to me before!

4. What is your favorite theme park?

I've only been to Six Flags and to this day I haven't been on a real roller coaster. I've had a fear of falling out and splattering on the pavement below as long as I can remember. So yeah, theme parks aren't really my thing. I do want to go to Disney World someday with my kids...but I'll probably be the stroller watcher/purse holder or something though while everyone else rides rides!

5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?

Only on TLC and all I can say is EW! I want babies more than anything, but I do NOT want to see it happening to myself or anyone else. EVER. And I do not want Will seeing it happen or any of my family members. I will NOT video tape it, and will only allow pictures after it's all cleaned up and done with. Now I'm sure once I have a kid that will all go out the window, and I'll want to capture every moment, but for now...EW!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome first timer. Believe me when I say you'll get hooked every Friday!

    I felt the same way when I had my little one. No one came near me with a camera until everything was OVER! Nobody needs to see all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, birth is pretty messy. I had no desire to see it either.

    You must get over that fear of roller coasters, girl. You will totally miss out if you don't try one! Disneyland has a few that don't feel like roller coasters because you can't see the bottom...try Thunder Mountain. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined 5QF for the first time today too! It's fun! :)

    I've had 4 children and while I wouldn't mind watching someone else give birth, I still wouldn't want anyone other than my husband to watch me give birth! That's just me...I'm very private about that, um, STUFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember that ep of full house--so funny!
    i wish my husband was as excited as yours when he gets new clothes-he could care less!
    and i totally agree about no one watching my birth. i can't believe the people who have like 12 people (friends and family-NOT drs. and nurses) in the delivery room staring at all their business. so uncomfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been to a couple more theme parks, Fiesta Texas - San Antonio and Kings Dominion - Virginia, but I'm positive you did not ride roller coasters there either.
    And you may not let me in the delivery room but you know I'll be standing at the door in case you change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been "deflowered"!! Welcome to 5QF!!

    I LOVE the photo in your header...is that you and your husband? SO romantic!

    You cracked me up with the "EW" on baby birth watching! It's honestly, pretty dang awesome. But messy. Worth it tho! ;)

    Hope you'll keep comin' back for more 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've joined some good blog tours lately...I may join next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really gullible too!

    I love A Baby Story but it always makes me nervous about having a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's the thing about A Baby Story - it's pretty gross when you're not pregnant, but when you ARE, you will be soooo damn jealous of those women getting to push that human out!

    ps: I have two kids and no camera came out until they were safely away from the departure gate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. for the most part the "EW" will change as you mature. I agree on the no video closeups of the "area" for sure. but even gooey and wet, that baby will be the MOST beautiful thing you've ever seen in your life!! My oldest is now 27, and when she was your age she said...i do not even like the idea of something "growing inside me" so I am not having any kids... now, she said she will, "of course have children" LOL My youngest is 23, and says she isn't having any, because "they grow up to be pains in the butt...I know, because I know I am a pain in your butt BIG TIME" from her very lips LOL. Also, you will lose all modesty when in labor, cause they are constantly looking at you down there, and you are so uncomfortable, you do not even care. LOL.
    Anyway...

    This is my first time to your blog, glad to meet you...I am also a scrapbooker and stamper (so is youngest daughter) I have to admit, I am amazed at the wedding, honeymoon, and house you have at such a young age. There is no way, we'd ever be able to afford to even help our kids get all that. You are very blessed. Your wedding looked beautiful, and the honeymoon certainly seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity, how very precious that time must be to you and Will.

    I do 2 memes on Friday...5QF and "Dear So and So" you can check out anything you like on my blog.. I do "Alphabe-Thursday" on Thursdays. PLUS I do my own thing Monday-Friday and the weekend is loosely supposed to be stamping and scrapping Saturday and Sunday. This past sunday we had a house fire in our son's room, so the blog has taken a slight back seat, of course it also helps keep me sane, as I am also recently disabled, so I can't give it up all together. I hope you will take the time to peruse my blog some day. I love your home. Best of everything in the coming years. (Ron and I will be married 25 years in Nov. and it is a second marriage for both of us...he has a son, I have a daughter and then we have a son and a daughter together)

    Be well,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS...this is my first week at 5QF also, :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!