Somehow in the last couple of months, my baby has turned into a 20 and then 21 month old! I thought maybe not mentioning it would mean it didn't happen, but alas, 2nd birthday plans are officially underway so I guess it's really happening. Blah. Anywhooo, here's a little life update on my tiny little squishy baby too tall climbing-running-jumping-bean toddler.

Talking: all the time and in some short sentences. I can't list his words anymore because they are so random and all over the place. He is forming short sentences like, "bye ___" "no ____" "more ___" and my favorite, "I don't know??"

Pointing and saying "duck" (truck) as they pass by.
Wearing: Size 18-24 and some 2T clothes, size 6 shoe, size 4 diaper and 2T pull-ups at night (MAJORLY helping with our leaking problems by the way if you're having that issue too)
always on the move!
Sleeping: We have officially made the transition to one nap a day! I was sad to see the two naps go, but he did it on his own and it was a very natural transition so I went with it. He now goes down sometime between 11:30 and 12:30 whenever he acts tired and sleeps 2.5-3 hours. Bedtime is at 8pm and he usually sleeps until 7:30am.

Eating: Kind of a picky eater and has days where he eats like a bird and days where he inhales his food.
Favorite Activities & Toys: doing anything outside, climbing, playing basketball, riding on any and all scooters, sometimes coloring, any kind of train/truck/car/airplane, balls, blocks.

Learning: We are working on counting. I say, "one" he says, "two." I say, "three" he says, "two." So we've got "two" down...kind of. He can say a lot of colors (red, blue, green, yellow) but it's hit or miss whether he identifies them correctly. I think he knows red, but he could just have me fooled with his excellent guessing skills. He loves to sing, "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" and do the motions. We also work with flashcards sometimes and he likes them. His favorite is the Door card, and he will say "door" and then "knock knock" and knock on the flashcard, haha. He understands and can do pretty much any small task I ask of him and has recently learned to take off his shoes, socks, and diaper!

Behavior: The terrible twos have reared their ugly head in this house big time. One minute Liam is the sweetest little boy, and the next he is a yelling and (yikes!) hitting machine. We are working on what discipline technique works best for him right now. He has been in his fair share of time outs and it does calm him down, but I don't know if he understands that it's a punishment instead of just a time alone to let him mellow out. You know what I mean? Like I don't know if he understands it's a "consequence" for his bad actions, or that I just set him there for 2 minutes so he can calm down. Oh well, we'll figure it out together, and I just remind myself it's just a season. Then we talk about it, kiss and hug, and everything's fine again. This is tough for a first-timer! I have noticed he hasn't been having tantrums as much as he was even a couple weeks ago though so that's a plus! I can't even remember the last one at the moment, yay!

Random Things I Don't Want To Forget:
He loves to take showers.
He is a big kisser - I think I probably get 40 a day.
Speaking of kisses, he has started wanting me to kiss his owies! I die! He will bring me his finger if he falls down or something and stick it in my face to kiss it. I LOVE it.
He calls me mama, but he calls every female "mom." I wonder if it's because he hears me and Will call our mom's mom instead of their grandparent names?
He can reach the basketball rim on his tip toes and will slam dunk his ball in and loves when we cheer.
I taught Liam how to whisper using the word yes. Now he won't say any other words in a whisper and he won't say yes in any other way than a whisper. Oops.
My mom taught him how to "shh" with his fingers up to his lips. It's so cute.
He used to love feeding the dogs his snacks, but now he is SO protective of them. If they come near him when he has a snack in his hands, he will yell at them and push them away, ha!
We love you, you crazy little boy! You bring us so much joy!

I think he's still a baby :( And, we're in the early stages of 2nd birthday planning. I'm not sad just kind of shocked! It all happens so fast!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw your fb video I thought he had on a pull up and I thought you were already potty training and was shocked and impressed! ha! i'll just store that tip away in case we need it! kade HATES showers!
ReplyDeleteWe started doing your pull up trick and it totally works! Thanks for sharing! Liam is so cute! Love his shirt!
ReplyDelete