Ok, so I left off right when our sleigh ride ended and the snow really began. I don't know what classifies as a real "blizzard," but we got a foot+ of snow within the next 24 hours, so to me, that's a blizzard!
We went back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner and the bottom picture was the view from our window. The top picture was the same view two days before. They were both taken around 4:30 pm. It was crazy dark already and the wind was howling!
We ventured out before dinner to go to a few stores and took the stroller. BAD idea! That was the sidewalk! Poor Will got quite the workout trying to navigate that thing through the snow.
We ended up just carrying Liam to dinner (by we, I mean Will) since it was so close then headed straight back to the hotel. I didn't get any pictures, but that night we tried out the indoor pool at the hotel and Liam loved it. It was so weird to be in a swimsuit with a snowstorm happening outside, but it was much more enjoyable then trudging through the snow!
The next morning we got ready to go snowmobiling! Most mornings while we got ready Liam watched cartoons. There was only one channel that got cartoons and they were all in French. (Which I loved by the way and Liam couldn't tell a difference.) Usually it was Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes, but this morning they were playing the old movie, Space Jams. Do you remember it?!
Since Liam couldn't snowmobile he stayed behind and played with the husky puppies. They also have dogsledding there so there was a kennel with 6 or 7 puppies. Liam got to go inside and had tons of fun with them. Except for when they would knock him down or chew on his scarf. He didn't appreciate that too much!
Only a few dogs would come out and play, most stayed snuggled up in their houses. I don't blame them!
He didn't seem to mind one bit that he couldn't snowmobile. He had a great time playing with the dogs and watching the snowblowers!
Will drove and I rode and took pictures. It was gorgeous!
Nerd alert, but I totally felt like we were in Narnia!
It was so beautiful with all the fresh, untouched snow!
Riding over a frozen lake!
That evening we walked around and just enjoyed our last night there. I loved how every shop really went all out with their Christmas decorations!
At the end of the night Will finally talked me into going down the ice slide. Yes, it's a slide made of ice!
Not scary at all and definitely a must-do if you ever go!
That night Liam crashed on the bed with us. He never just falls asleep on his own like that. He usually has to be in his crib with the lights out and sound machine on. He must have been really wiped out!
The next day it was home sweet home!











Hi! I found your site from Bower Power. Love the pictures of Quebec - can you send the link to the hotel? I love it, but don't think I see the name anywhere.
ReplyDeleteWe're looking for some non-traditional Christmas ideas and this looks beautiful.
Awesome! Didn't you just love Old Town? I think it's so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks so beautiful! Totally Narnia- like! H is the same way with sleeping- so him falling asleep with us in bed would be a real treat! Glad you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteLooks so beautiful (and fuh-reezing cold)!! How did y'all chose Quebec for your trip? What a fun destination that not many people might think to visit!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! The pictures from the snowmobile are just amazing!! And I love the pictures of Liam with the snow puppies! How stinkin' precious!
ReplyDeleteI was totally saying to myself "it looks like a scene from narnia" while I was reading haha you are not alone in your nerd-ness :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful town! Also... love Narnia! And now I want to go watch it!
ReplyDelete