Friday, January 25, 2013

The Snowball Effect.

So once you work on something and it's a success, don't you always find ten more things you want to do? Like organizing a closet turns into organizing all the closets, and the pantry, and the garage? That's what happening with our master bedroom. Since our new headboard turned out so well and I love it to bits, I now want to redo the entire room. Now that's not going to happen, but a girl can dream right? 

Here's what I'm dreaming of....

First things first, we are in desperate need of pillows! We ordered two euro shams with our bedding and are now thinking we need three. And I love the monogramed pillow! This is all actually very doable, I just have to get around to actually doing it! Shopping for pillows is not my fave. 



I could also go for some new, fancier curtains. We bought some cheap ones from IKEA that look okay, but I think it's time for an upgrade. Plus they are on the sheer side, and I am OVER the sun blaring through our windows every morning. I'm not a morning person. 

{bogus link - don't you hate that?!}


We also have a bay window sitting area that we used to have two chairs in. They have recently been removed because a giant airplane rocker needed a new home. Plus we never used them. Once I get that space back I think I'd prefer a nice chaise lounge. I've always loved them! Owning a chaise lounge is definitely on my home decor bucket list.


{ no link, again!}

Or for the bay windows, I could see a nice built in window seat. The extra storage would be a must. I will take either one of these, thank you very much!



{no link! I picked bad pins apparently!}


I'd also like to paint, add crown molding, get some more art/pictures on the wall, etc. All in good time I suppose!






5 comments:

  1. This blog reminds me of the; If you give a mouse a cookie series. Brooke loves so much....If You Give a Lyndsey a Bed haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you! I have so many projects that I still want to do in our house and we've been fixing it up slowly for 4 years. We're on a hiatus right now, but I'm itching to get back into it. Alas, we'll have to get baby's room started and finished before we can make that a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the idea of that cubby! --I could use it to shove all the toys in our living room in a fast attempt to tidy up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty inspiration photos! I love those light and airy room looks, too. How are you liking the foam mattress? It took me a while to adjust, but now I LOVE ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those projects look so fun! I love Window Seats so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!