Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas in Quebec, Part 1

We had the best time in Quebec! It was very cold and very French which was very different, but I loved only having to take two short flights and feel like we were halfway around the world. Our hotel was beautiful and we stayed in old town, so we were able to walk almost everywhere. Everyone was so nice too and very helpful when we didn't understand what the heck they were saying. :)

 I've broken this up into two posts because there are just too many pictures for one! Enjoy our trip and try not too freeze while looking at these pictures. They are making me cold just remembering what it was like, ha!  



Little boy did great on the flights! 


The hotel was amazing!


Our awesome room! 


The view from our hotel room the first day.


Liam, Will, and I trekked out on our own the first morning for diapers and milk. 


Liam LOVED his new stroller - he insisted on having the cover closed most of the time and he would take the best naps in it. I love this stroller!


The first full day we went tubing! I had never done it before, and it was SO fun! Liam was able to sit on Will's lap and go down too which he seemed to love!



He was a little too small to go down himself, but that didn't stop him from trying to climb in! 


Getting ready to go down! Will's dad was sick the first day and didn't get to join us :(



Loving it!


It was so funny, most of the restaurants we went to didn't have highchairs, just booster seats. So at this particular restaurant, the host brought over a booster seat for Liam and tied him in it with a scarf! Hey, it worked perfectly!


The whole city was decorated so beautifully for Christmas!


We spent some of our evenings just walking around old town. Once the sun set around 4:30 it got cold fast which is why you can barely see my face, haha. They kept all the streets and sidewalks really well cleaned off....until the blizzard hit! 



On our third day in Quebec, we went on a horse drawn sleigh ride. This was the thing I was looking most forward too, but ironically was probably my least favorite thing we did. While it was BEAUTIFUL, it started snowing really hard while we were going and it was whipping us in the face pretty bad. Liam was hungry and NOT into it and cried like 80% of the ride. So yes the pictures look gorgeous, but I would definitely wait until your kids are older to do something like this! Just a warning :) 


Having fun at first!







Here comes the snow!




It was seriously such a neat experience, but so freaking cold! Brrr!




And...after. Doesn't Liam look thrilled :) 

To be continued!

12 comments:

  1. what a fun trip!! I just love snowy pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures but honestly they made my eyes water...like, when you get really cold. At least mine do that when I'm cold! Jonathan and I do not do well in cold weather. Georgia likes the cover on her stroller too! I would have wanted to stay in the cozy room all day! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! What a neat trip :-) I would have been super cold too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quebec looks amazing!! What kind of stoller is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I have goosebumps just thinking about it. I'm a California girl through and through but what an amazing experience that must've been for you guys! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing trip! Your pictures are all gorgeous :D I am glad you had such a wonderful time. Can't wait to read pt. 2!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a neat way to spend Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome trip! I've never been tubing before but now I really want to go. It looks like so much fun. After being in a super warm climate for the last three years I'm pretty sure I would freeze to death though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrr...you do look cold but love all the activities you got to do! Can't wait to read part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip! The snow looks magical, it reminds me of when we went to Prague in February. The pictures turned out beautifully but it gives me chills even thinking about how cold it was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!