Monday, January 21, 2013

Our Week of Awesome in Review!

My week of awesome was a success! It's so funny how easy it is to ignore the little annoying things that happen if you're determined too. I really need to be like that more often! 



- Thank you all so much for your nice comments about our new headboard! We are still loving it and it really was SO easy to make! If we didn't currently have three extra beds we weren't using, I would make new headboards for every bedroom. If any of you decide to make one of your own, please post pictures on your blog and let me know or send me pictures! I would love to see them! 

- We got a fun surprise during our week of awesome - SNOW! We woke up to it Tuesday morning, and it was coming down hard (for us anyway). We got around 2 inches which was perfect for Liam, and we spent a majority of the day outside playing in it! It was a really fun day! 



- My sweet friend Emily sent me a note and Georgia sent Liam and a craft she made him for our week of awesome! Thanks Emily, that was so nice of y'all! :)


- Liam and I went to our friend Tracey and Max's house, and the boys played together so well for THREE hours while we party planned. We are doing a joint birthday party since the boys are a week apart, and it's going to be awesoooooome! There's a little theme hint for ya ;)


(Their matching shirts might be another birthday hint!)

- We went to my parents house last Friday, and while there we returned a duplicate Christmas gift of Liam's and got him this giant car ramp thing. It's big and we really don't have room for it, but he loves it so our living room got a nice new piece of "furniture." Also this is random, but I don't want to forget it because it was hilarious. My parents had been on vacation to Lake Tahoe, and they brought Liam back a truck with Lake Tahoe on the side. My mom was trying to get Liam to say Tahoe, but he kept saying "taco!" We were dying laughing! 



- We had a really low key weekend which was nice. Our only plans for Saturday were supper club with friends which is always delicious and fun! Sunday Will taught Sunday School and we had lunch with his parents. Other than that we did a lot of lounging and napping! 

- Is anyone else as in love with Downton Abbey as I am? I look forward to Sunday nights so much! We just got into it and rented Season 1 from Redbox a while ago, but we still haven't seen Season 2. I know what's going on enough to follow along, but I feel like I've missed so much! 


(via google)

- I didn't know until this weekend that Will has today off so our week of awesome has been extended! We may even have a day date and go see a movie this afternoon! And I'm determined to find a place for my new sewing machine. I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet! I have an idea, but it will involve some furniture rearranging and probably some sweet talking to Will to get it done. :) 

4 comments:

  1. SOOO glad you got your mail! And, J and I love Downton Abbey! We watched season 1 (through netflix) and are half way through 2 (from itunes). We'll have to figure out how to catch up on season 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful week! I love all the super cute pictures, Liam is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep reading about other bloggers and their love of Downtown Abbey! i should probably check it out. :) Here's to another week of awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so ahead of the game on the birthday party planning! You go, momma! I have just recently started looking for ideas. I seriously feel like we JUST had E's first birthday party! I haven't watched Downtown Abbey but I keep hearing how awesome it is so I definitely need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!