Monday, January 14, 2013

The Week of Awesome!

So I've decided this week is going to be awesome! 

Between what I've already mentioned happened last week, the stomach bugs I had Friday and Will had Sunday, and Liam nosediving from his crib for the first time and giving me a panic attack (also on Friday while I was on my deathbed) - last week was a doozy.

So I announced to Will yesterday that this week is going to be

the week of awesome!

 Only good things are happening this week and if a not-so-good thing happens, it will promptly be ignored! We have a lot of great things that have already happened and more fun things to come! Sometimes you just need a week of awesome :)

So far:

- Liam and I have two fun play dates planned that we will actually get to attend!
- Mine and Will's stomachs are feeling much better!
- I randomly reconnected with an old college friend yesterday which was really nice!
- With the way our stomach bugs fell, we both felt great on Saturday - just enough hours to complete our gorgeous headboard! Pics tomorrow!
- I only have to cook one meal this week!
- I got a new water cup (the little things count too!)
- Liam's transition to his toddler bed (aka converted crib) is slow going but we are making progress everyday! He slept 9 hours in his bed last night! And I know it will only get better as long as we stay consistent with our routine and he adjusts accordingly.
- We will finally get to visit my parents this week and I'm going to do some bachelorette shopping for one of my best friends!


My baby's first time sleeping in his big boy bed!


Who doesn't love the GIANT water cups from Starbucks?!


My sweet sleeping twinsies!


Headboard sneak peak! 

Yep, this week is bound to be awesome! Is your week going to be awesome? I sure hope so. And just declaring that it will be is the first step!

P.S. Using lots of exclamation points and bright colors is necessary when announcing something awesome! Just in case you were wondering! :)

15 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome week for sure!! yay liam for 9 hours!! we threw.in the towel last.night and went back to the crib. she just wasnt ready and wouldn't sleep. oh well! glad he is doing great in his!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking of that last night and telling Jonathan that y'all had stomach bugs, big boy beds, and that you fell! I'm totally in support of your awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed your peppy, optimistic post! Cannot wait to see the pictures of the new headboard and am SO glad everyone is feeling better in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do tell. What are you doing for a routine to get him to sleep in his toddler bed? Josie squirms so much that we have to keep a hand on her tummy so she screams and cries until she's too tired and eventually falls asleep. Needless to say we're exhausted of this already and its only 3 days in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you an awesome week, and attitude really does make all the diference! Can't wait to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in total need of a week of awesome. Love your idea! We have 2 out of 3 kids sick, so I'll look on the bright side to see the one healthy kid:)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in total need of a week of awesome. Love your idea! We have 2 out of 3 kids sick, so I'll look on the bright side to see the one healthy kid:)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - new follower here! :) Saw you on BowerPower. I love your positivity, and have decided to have my own week of AwEsOmE as well. First things first, I joined the gym in our new town. And I have a super cute craft project planned for tonight that I'll be blogging about later this week... So far, so awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the toddler bed transition is going well! I am scared that H is going to try to climb out right around the time new baby comes. Gosh, that would not be a fun time to have to go through that transition I'm afraid! I'm really hoping he stays put!!!

    I hope your week is truly awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are in toddler-bed mode, too! A is currently transitioning in our dog's bed right now though - long story :) I posted about it today! Liam and A are only a few weeks apart, so I love seeing what your little guy is up to!

    Sounds like a great week, and so happy to hear you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You deserve an awesome week after all of that yucky stuff. I hope it's wonderful and I can't wait to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl- I do hope it's the week of awesome after the rough few days you've had!! I just want to cry at seeing Liam in the big boy bed. How in the world are our babies already so big! I can't wait to read all about how the transition goes. I'm sure we'll be there soon as well! The sneak peak of the headboard looks AMAZING! You must share how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely deserve "The Week of Awesome," and it sounds like you're well on your way to it! Hopefully there will be even more unplanned awesome! Can't wait to see the headboard- what a fun project to take on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, this post made me laugh! Hope your "week of awesome" is going great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!