Thursday, January 31, 2013

A BERRY Cute Valentine's Idea!

We have our first Valentine playdate coming up in a couple weeks, and Liam will be passing out his first Valentine's! Of course I couldn't just go with the store bought kind. Not yet anyways. Ask me again in a few years :) 

I wanted to make Valentine's that reflect Liam's taste, and nothing makes my child smile more than hearing, "Liam, do you want a fruit snack?" SO I came up with these "berry" cute little goodie bags!


They are super simple to make. First I bought an assortment of berry flavored snacks. I got strawberry fruit snacks, wildberry fruit strips, and berry flavored lollipops. 


Then I picked up some cute bags from Hobby Lobby and I already had the baker's twine. Yes, I know it's all very PINK, but it's Valentine's dang it! It's the only holiday I can justify using an obscene amount of pink while being outnumbered by boys! And I made the heart tag blue to even the score. You're welcome.


I actually had grandiose plans of printing the heart and message directly onto the bag, but after ruining 4 bags and cursing my printer, I just chose to print them out and tape them on. Sometimes I just have to remind myself they are for toddlers. 

Anyways, all you have to do is stuff the bags, fold the tops over and punch two holes. Then tie with cute baker's twine, tape the tag on, and there you go! 


I've included two versions of the tag I made for you too in case you have any berry lovers of your own! This little saying can easily be expanded to all kinds of berry flavored snacks or candies, drinks/mixes, or even real fruit if you wanna get all healthy on me :) 



Happy almost February!

6 comments:

  1. Cute idea!!! I just bought stuff to do valentines last night and I'm excited! :) you're right though-in a few years we will probably all be moving on to store bought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for Valentine's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!